Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

paid $500 for her... rod though the block, i just happend to have one a tad older with a crappy body and inteior and strong engine... the 2 became one.

mod are mild at the moment... boost gauge, manual boost controler set to 13psi, cone filter (will likely go back to stock but modify the air box a bit) and a uber ghetto exhaust i made of things i had laying around.

my ghetto exhaust vs stock...

because of the over axle pipe the exit is a little further forward then i wanted...

but in the end the only thing i've spent money on are the cars ($1000 between the 2), and $2 for some heater hose... the rest i had laying around from previous projects

you can hear the exhaust in the very small 56k friendly clips at the bottom of this page http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/album04?page=4

got some other plans for it... but i won't bore you right now :) power estamates are 180/280 hp/tq at the wheels with the automatic tranny... i'll dyno it one day...

mark

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
other one is trash pretty much... i'm salvaging a few bits i want for mine... then it goes to a friend for $75 so he can toss a ferd 5.0 into it...

for reference... heres a friends dyno pull... dyno supposidly reads a little low as i recall... mods = stock t3 @`15psi, crappy mild cam, removed 2nd muffler, intake, and most importan megasquirt n spark (DIY Engine mangment system)

i've traded part of the bike rack on the car for a megasquirt.. still need a laptop and wideband 02 sensor though...

this turbo also came w/ the car... td06 17c from a syclone/typhoon (vs the stock td05)... it may or may not make it's way onto the car... stock turbo is starting to leak turbo (hey it is 140k miles old ;-) so no matter what a new turbo needs to go on in not TO long...

also have some old school BBS mesh wheels i got w/ the other volvo... lots of dish to em :)... but ii need to clean em up pretty bad... need to have em sand blasted... then paint the inner and polish the lip up...

eventualy the megasquirt will go on... as will a decent cam and Intercooler that doesn't completly suck like the stock one lol... but for now it's the family car so down time is frowned on (wife can't drive stick... and getting 2 kids into my 2 dr neon ACR sucks)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all this being said... this project is very mild... i'm trying to cut down my car habbit... i'm tradding my 2050 lb 86 mr2 for an e-orracle... i had 95% of everything i needed for a 300+ hp mr2... along w/ all the suspension tweaks... but health issues and family obligations just don't leave time for a project car... unfortanly that leaves me playing w/ the family car which is prob just as bad... but knowing it can't be down for long limits my play time lol.

mark

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol was recently talking to the wife about wanting a jeep... but not talking a fake jeep... talkin a real one... preferably something back from the international days... then again i guess i could survive mopar crap lol... managed 105k on the neon w/ out issues

er but no :)... i do however want to figure out what the hell the issue is with my a/c argg... had it working for about 30 min the other day after playing w/ the compressor ground wire... then it went kaput... gota look at the system some more me thinks... i think i'll brake down and let somone that knows a/c systems play with it... in the past a/c always went into the trash... LOTS of weight saved and it didn't work anyway... damn it's funny how 2 kids changes a guy ;-)

mark

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
My A/C dosen't work either. I need a conversion kit I guess and it's going to run about 50 bucks at autozone.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Yeah, my AC is pretty dead too. Vents, as you said bunker, merely blow hot air.

Thankfully, T-tops off + windows down + 80mph = fairly cool.

-Jin
Gotta love the t-tops....sometimes...when its not raining. lol.

T-tops + windows down + 80mph + long hair = fairly cool, but messed up hair when arriving to g/fs house :(

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Master of Paint said:
Gotta love the t-tops....sometimes...when its not raining. lol.

T-tops + windows down + 80mph + long hair = fairly cool, but messed up hair when arriving to g/fs house :(
OMG QFT about the long hair. That's why I always wear a hat.

By the way, if it does rain don't worry. As long as you're going a decent speed, the rain won't come into the car and merely follows the air current over the car. It started raining (I was on the highway thankfully) and as long as I did anywhere from 55-80, the rain wasn't getting in. Thankfully it stopped raining before I had to get off the highway.

-Jin

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i love the windows open and the sunroof back when it's a nice cool night... the problem is... humidity hasn't droped below about 70% for months now... and durring the day heat index has been over 100... unless of corse it rains... in which case humidity is hovering over 90% lol.

loose loose situiation in FL :(

mark

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Jinjiro said:
OMG QFT about the long hair. That's why I always wear a hat.

By the way, if it does rain don't worry. As long as you're going a decent speed, the rain won't come into the car and merely follows the air current over the car. It started raining (I was on the highway thankfully) and as long as I did anywhere from 55-80, the rain wasn't getting in. Thankfully it stopped raining before I had to get off the highway.

-Jin
Yeah, but you know, its not even that bad if the car is stationary, they hardly leak. Now, when I wash my car, thats a different story. Water falling from the top of the car is fine, but water coming at the side of the car is when the roof leaks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts