Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I didn't just save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.

Got Fired today because I was a half-hour late (didnt hear my alarm, and it was only like my 7th day of working there [fred meyer]). They have been suspending some of their most seasoned workers lately for the same thing, so they're kinda pissed off about people being late.

I was pretty depressed for a while, but remained optimistic, I'm 18 years old, with some job experience, so I had a better chance than a lot of kids who are under 18 with no experience to speak of other than chores.

So around 2:15 (about an hour ago) my friend tells me that they're looking for a few extra people to work in the bakery at costco, so I decide to apply online just incase something was really available.

Around 2:45 I get a call from the manager from the bakery saying he got my application and we scheduled an interview tomorrow at 1:30 pm, and he said to make sure my afternoon is clear. thumup:

Emotional Rollercoaster! :p the funny thing about me getting this job at costco, is I applied at another costco nearby a few weeks ago, and got an interview scheduled, but never went cuz I accidentally slept in too late, so I think it's funny I'm getting a sort of second chance.

My friend tells me it's pretty laid back, and that the work isnt very hard, and the best part? $10 an hour beyotch! Oh and don't forget, every sunday each bakery worker gets time and a half (thats $15 an hour for you mathematically challenged ones) no matter how many hours you worked that week. If you work over 40 hours, and you're working on a sunday, you get overtime, which would then be $20 an hour.

:)

D

·
0 Posts
i just quit my evening job. started to piss me off. but, ive still got my day job.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
I need a new job. But it's damn near impossible to find something other than fast food in my tiny little town, and I can't afford to drive out of town because my truck sucks down as much gas as a H2.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congrats on getting a job so fast! You should call the people who fired you and tell em to suck your nads! One thing to think bout, since you seem pretty young is to get into the trades.. Electric, Plumbing, Carpentry.. All can give you really good skills and make you a good living after you put in a few years. Hard work though.. But worth it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
dang matt, sounds nice...haha you didnt got fired for sleeping late, and didnt make an interview for sleeping late...moral of this story...keep staying up late so u can get rewarded somehow later. congratz ont he awesome job man

1 - 20 of 62 Posts