Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Because I'm in the 8th grade, and everybody in certain grade in Pennsylvania had to take this PSSA (Pennsylvania State Standardized Assessment) Test thing. If you live in PA, you know what I'm talkinjg about.

Since last week, my whole grade, and probably even every 8th, 5th, and another grade in my state has been taking them, almost every other day.

This was the last day, and we got out early at like 10. :p

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
i remember takin those, they were a load of bull, but i remember that the school would buy like 600 egg mcmuffins for everyone every morning so that we werent hungry when taking the test.

of course there was a big scandal that year where a couple schools had the students cheat to boost thier schools score, so the whole test was basicly thrown out. we studied and did stupid ass BCR's for months for this thing, then pspent a week doing it, and the state didnt even use the results becasue some schools cheated.

meh, oh well, i got some good food out of it

·
Registered
833 Posts
standardized tests are stupid....i have been out of school for about 4 years now and i stil have nightmares about them things......lol

I know if i was you i would be out playing paintball if it was nice

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Barber said:
We take ISTEP which sounds like that. I hate it. We only got like 1 cookie. Its a load. Its all really easy too.

I'm done with ISTEP. I passed it this year. No more Standerdized testing for me. What grade are you in?

·
Banned
98 Posts
well if any of you live in NY you know what a pain in the ass regents are...correct me if im wrong but regents tests suck and are the dumbest things ever made!!!
especially the math A and math B exams...they blow!

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
fishface313 said:
well if any of you live in NY you know what a pain in the ass regents are...correct me if im wrong but regents tests suck and are the dumbest things ever made!!!
especially the math A and math B exams...they blow!
Word. We had 3 hours for the Math A regents, and I finished in 1...Wow, it was so easy. But yeah, regents suck. I gotta take so many of them damn things. That and AP tests...but at least for the AP tests we get college credits.

-Jin

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all pretty gay, there's like 7 sections of mathmatics, and reading. 215 problems total if I can remember correctly. It was easy and all, but I mean..it's a test...they suck. Think I did pretty good though.

What's the next grade after 8th that you have to take these tests? Anyone know?

·
Registered
61 Posts
haha yeah the teachers bluff too hard theyre like you need to get serious this test determines if you pass the next grade but it seems like you are doin problems for kids in 2 grades lower than you

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
yeah, regents suck. jin, what year did you take it, and what month?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
we take ERB tests. They suck cus some of em arent multiple choice but its a standardized test so for reading comprehension you have to read something and write about it, but it takes me a while to write stuff. Plus i have really bad handwriting.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
rory096 said:
yeah, regents suck. jin, what year did you take it, and what month?
10th grade (this year) in January. The June tests of the year before were really hard, so they redid them and mine were super easy.

I'm taking a Spanish and a Chemistry regents at the end of this year, and an AP European test this May.

-Jin

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Nothings stupider then the literacy test. Here you take it in grade 10, keep taking it till you pass and cant graduate till you pass it. Its a waste of time is a load of bs. They do so much prep, and then you get it and its like.....Welcome to Grade 3, basic comprehension. Youd be surpirsed at how many people fail it though.

·
1,751 Posts
i love standardized tests...you go to school with nothing but a pillow..take some easy test and go home early...how can you complain

1 - 20 of 27 Posts