Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got me another gun today just got it home its an sks bought it from my uncle for $100 and i picked up a mossberg .22 yesterday for $30 i am about to take my little bro out and go shootin

is there a way to lock the bolt open with out the mag being in the gun?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
just dont' be like me and shoot the shells with a .22 haha, I'm still recovering from that stupid act, got my stitches out today and it wasn't fully healed so now I got tape on my face honding it together and I can't get it wet for a few days.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its part of an norinco sks thumb hole stock version

with a empty mag in the gun i can pull the bolt back and it locks in place then i can remove the mag and it stays open is that the correct way to lock the bolt open on it

D

·
0 Posts
2nd from the right is a mossberg right? damn those things look so bank heist.

D

·
0 Posts
guns are supposed to look bad ass.. thats why they are made isnt it?

all this talk of guns.. im gonna go play tactical ops mod for UT..

·
Registered
50 Posts
sks are one of the best rifles out there for the money, they are cheap, super reliable, cheap to shoot and mine are pretty accurate.

accessories for them are pretty useless though, they are all really cheaply made.

one thing worth getting is a good quality muzzle brake, i got an AK 74 type on one of mine and it gets rid of muzzle climb really well, looks good too.

for 100 bucks any SKS is a great deal! (at least around here)

you can also press down on the mag follower while you close the bolt - dont let it fly though it will chew up your thumb - happened to me while i was messing around with a Hakim - lost my thumbnail

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
That reminds me, I have a few cases of .22 that I need to go pick up for competition. But at $700 a case it may have to wait.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Nope, just a regular old case of 5,000, and that isn't even the most expensive stuff. Competition shooting is expensive. I haven't found anything that shoots as well and as consistant as Eley, but it is a wallet killer. The Eley red box is the best, i'm shooting the black box which is red box stuff that isn't made in the same batches, even then it is a killer. Red box is over $1,000 a case right now. I figure i'm shooting an average $100 worth of .22 ammo a match. The winchester target I use for practice is cheap and reliable, but it just doesn't keep up with the comp stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts