Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was late to a meeting today thanks to a train, traffic, more traffic, etc. Wound up having to go a pretty round-about route, which took me down one of the express ways.

Got on, got up to speed, moved over - just in time to see a 350Z go by. Tucked in and stayed behind him for a while, as the traffic in front of him was slow (by slow I mean the speed limit).

Finally the express way widens from 2 lanes to 3, and I went left. He went right. We both went around the big truck that was causing the hold up. I wasn't really planning on playing or anything, but then he cut back into the middle lane (to my right), and then stomped on the gas. He was already ahead of me to begin with, but quickly sped off maybe ~20-30 car lengths.

Well I was already late!! You can't blame me, can you?!?

Dropped it to 4th doing about 70 in low boost, stepped on the gas a bit (I don't think I was full throttle - might have been), and watched him get closer...and then further away. It only took ~2 seconds at most. Looked down and I was doing ~120.

I quickly slowed back down to 70 or so, and watched him get closer and closer until he was right next to me. I looked over, he looked over, smiled and gave me a big thumup:

Needless to say I made it to my meeting a bit sooner than I had thought.

-Jin

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
After everything that has happened, do you think it was worth the money/would you do it again?

Nonetheless, its one hot ass car.

thumup:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Jin, they didn't make a factory 2+2 turbo in the states did they? All the US turbo cars were two seaters?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much impossible to catch a car thats 20-30 car lengths ahead in ~2 seconds. Good kill story nonetheless. And why would you go to 4th rather than 3rd? Does your car redline early in 3rd?
Sorry, next time I'll be sure to stop and measure. And I went to 4th because it was a 350Z and I had no reason to go to 3rd?

Jin, they didn't make a factory 2+2 turbo in the states did they? All the US turbo cars were two seaters?
Nope, just the 2 seaters. Europe only got 4 seater TTs (and I think no NAs). Japan got both.

-Jin

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Weird, I've never known someone with a fast car to limit how much power of it they are going to use when trying to show off and pass someone. No need to measure, just don't be ridiculous with your story. 20-30 car lengths, downshift to 4th and not full throttle in about 2 seconds? Get real. You're driving a 300ZX not a 900hp supra. Not trying to instigate anything, just parts of the story seemed strange so I was just asking about how your car redlines.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weird, I've never known someone with a fast car to limit how much power of it they are going to use when trying to show off and pass someone. No need to measure, just don't be ridiculous with your story. 20-30 car lengths, downshift to 4th and not full throttle in about 2 seconds? Get real. You're driving a 300ZX not a 900hp supra. Not trying to instigate anything, just parts of the story seemed strange so I was just asking about how your car redlines.
Yep, you know me, Mr. Ridiculous. I'm always making absurd claims on here, trying to increase my e-status that I care so much about.

I'm not the one with a supecharged M3 that no one has ever seen who's asking if a V8 would fit...on a paintball forum. :rolleyes:

Besides, maybe I meant 20-30 car lengths based on a Goggomobil or a Cooper?

-Jin

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
buddhaHybrid would you just shut the **** up already? You're the one who's asking his "engine shop" about swapping a V8 in his "supercharged M3". I know for sure Dooms or myself could already tell you most of what needs to be done and how it would be done. I find Jin's story believable because 350z's are balls slow. Well, unless it was an 07, but I doubt it was. I mean hell I was pulling on a 350z from a dig in my stock 5.0 and he only put about 2 cars on me in the top end.

Good kill Jin. You need to make some videos of that beast. You still pushing 14psi? How does your boost controller work? Does it set 14psi to each turbo or basically cut it in half so you're doing 7psi on each one?

Either way, you need to be pushing more boost after some upgraded fuel management. :)

·
1,073 Posts
As I said I contacted several engine makers and the reason I asked here, as I said, was that I was curious what you guys thought... on the automobile part of the forum. Besides, there are a few people who know a lot about cars, like Doomsday.

And I doubt your car could close 20-30 bicycle lengths in 2 seconds, especially if the 350Z was hauling, as you say. JK :smokin

I called the body shop and they said it will be ready near the end of this coming week. thumup: Then you can lose your excuse of my supposed imaginary M3. rollin:

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Or you could go to the body shop and get a picture of a viva la pbf. Until then, you're just a worthless lying sack of ****.

Also would you just ****ing think about it for a second?

2 cars.. very similar engine and technology, roughly the same weight.. but wait! One is N/A and one is Twin Turbo.

What the **** do you think is going to happen?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seriously, the point is I blew past a 350Z and he liked it. Maybe I'm not the best judge of distance, but all I know is he was far in front of me and then far behind me.

1337 - I've got my low setting tuned to about 13-14psi, and my high is up to ~18psi. Boost controller works great. It's a little intimidating if you've never messed with one before, but once you get online and read about what setting does what, it gets easy pretty quick. It looks really nice, and I only have to push one button to switch between high and low. That's a good question on the turbos, but I am pretty sure it makes the same boost at each turbo. So 14psi would mean 14 out of each.

-Jin

·
1,073 Posts
1337-I'm not going to drive half an hour to appease a few people on a forum that I don't even know well. If all goes as they said it should be back home by the end of next week.

Jin-Sorry to start ****, wasn't my intention. Regardless of the distance, it's always fun to have a good kill, especially when the other driver is appreciative.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Yep, you know me, Mr. Ridiculous. I'm always making absurd claims on here, trying to increase my e-status that I care so much about.

I'm not the one with a supecharged M3 that no one has ever seen who's asking if a V8 would fit...on a paintball forum. :rolleyes:

Besides, maybe I meant 20-30 car lengths based on a Goggomobil or a Cooper?

-Jin
Or a lawnmower :p
As I said I contacted several engine makers and the reason I asked here, as I said, was that I was curious what you guys thought... on the automobile part of the forum. Besides, there are a few people who know a lot about cars, like Doomsday.

And I doubt your car could close 20-30 bicycle lengths in 2 seconds, especially if the 350Z was hauling, as you say. JK :smokin

I called the body shop and they said it will be ready near the end of this coming week. thumup: Then you can lose your excuse of my supposed imaginary M3. rollin:
When you are in a rush like that time passes faster anyway. When I accelerate down the highway I dont say "wow i just increases 14.59 miles per hour in 4.953 seconds!"

The point is that he pwned a 350z and the other guy was proud of him.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Seriously, the point is I blew past a 350Z and he liked it. Maybe I'm not the best judge of distance, but all I know is he was far in front of me and then far behind me.

1337 - I've got my low setting tuned to about 13-14psi, and my high is up to ~18psi. Boost controller works great. It's a little intimidating if you've never messed with one before, but once you get online and read about what setting does what, it gets easy pretty quick. It looks really nice, and I only have to push one button to switch between high and low. That's a good question on the turbos, but I am pretty sure it makes the same boost at each turbo. So 14psi would mean 14 out of each.

-Jin
Fa sho. I beat a Cobra last night, but I bet no one will believe me.

Sounds good on the turbos. 14psi must be fun when you have two of them. Cause I know when I turned my MBC up way too much and didn't hit fuel cut and was hitting 21psi, it was purely orgasmic.

·
1,073 Posts
Or a lawnmower :p

When you are in a rush like that time passes faster anyway. When I accelerate down the highway I dont say "wow i just increases 14.59 miles per hour in 4.953 seconds!"

The point is that he pwned a 350z and the other guy was proud of him.
I'm well aware of both those facts, as I just mentioned above... :rolleyes:

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
eeek-18psi? You do have fuel mods plus a wideband, rite? Good kill nonetheless. 350Zs are really over-rated when it comes to speed. Well, the older ones, not the 07s.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
eeek-18psi? You do have fuel mods plus a wideband, rite? Good kill nonetheless. 350Zs are really over-rated when it comes to speed. Well, the older ones, not the 07s.
Yes to fuel mods, no to wideband. I don't run 18psi often. Trust me though, I'm running very rich, and I obviously have a detonation sensor hooked up, which will automatically drop it down to 7psi if a knock is detected.

The Z32 TT stock fuel pump is capable of 700HP. It came with 370cc injectors, which I have replaced with 660s.

-Jin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts