Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i dont know if any of you have problems with animals/insects, but in Ky, there was a real bad problem with insects, eating the crops. So, the state or something, brought over things called lady bugs...... This was a few years ago, and NOW there is a problem with an over infestation of lady bugs. So now they are talking about bringing in some other thing to take care of the lady bugs. And then they will over populate and will have to bring in another thing etc......

But today while i was going out on a fire run(member of a vol fire dept) I saw some things i have only saw once before(saw it a few days earlier) but it looks just like a wasper, but it has the colors of a yellow jacket. Its got me wondering if this is what they brought over for the lady bugs. But the thing is, they are VERY fiesty. It was attacking everybody around, until we killed it. The other one i saw before did the same thing.

tl;dr- State gov brings in stuff to kill stuff, so they have to bring in stuff to kill the stuff that killed the original stuff. :D

Anybody have opinions on this?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
dhill0413 said:
how is there such a thing of overpopulation of lady bugs? they are awesome and dont hurt anything.

shens
yea dude, all they do is fly around and land on things.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
toXic said:
But today while i was going out on a fire run(member of a vol fire dept) I saw some things i have only saw once before(saw it a few days earlier) but it looks just like a wasper, but it has the colors of a yellow jacket. Its got me wondering if this is what they brought over for the lady bugs. But the thing is, they are VERY fiesty. It was attacking everybody around, until we killed it. The other one i saw before did the same thing.
Are you talking about Yellow Jackets or Hornets?

Brandon

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dhill0413 said:
how is there such a thing of overpopulation of lady bugs? they are awesome and dont hurt anything.
I agree, thats why i dont understand why they are doing something to get rid of them.... altho they do smell like crap.

ja289 said:
where did you even read or hear about this? an animals and insects are completely different things. i dont understand where you got the motivation to post this.. so stupid..
I know they are diff, but ya know, they release animals also. But i read this from several diff newspapers. Motivation to post, well, no worse than half the other stuff thats posted. :shrug:

and its not a yellow jacket(to big) or a hornet(looks nothing like it)

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
dhill0413 said:

shens
there are a different species of lady bugs. Slighty lighter in color and they are just taking over everything... they are literally everywhere

and nothings slowing them down.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ yea. Theres not any out right now. But in a little bit they will be everywhere. And they cant kill people, but they do/can pinch/bite you.(but it just hurts a little bit no serious injury lol)

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
dhill0413 said:

shens

you...have no idea!
the ladybugs they brought over are NOt cute little red ladybugs. they are orange/yellow and bite it' actualyl very rare to see a red ladybug in the central states and we hate it. also the new ones seems ot have multiplied ina huge way becasue ther'e smore and mroe of them each year adn they are EVERYWHERE! i knwo so many peopel who constantly have thier vaccoums out so they can suck up the damn ladybugs.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah these lady bugs are cock suckers.. they bite and swarm. not too mention smell like ****.. And theyll litter the beaches in PILES. Like you could shovel them

its brutal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts