Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if your grandparents have any war stories tell umm here.

Both my grandpas were in WWII. One flew in a B-25 and the other was a paratrooper and did missions over germany. I also found out that both my grandpa and my great grandpa were shot by the Rhine river. One in WWI and One in WWII. Its kinda freaky:sly:

·
Registered
949 Posts
My grandpa sat in front of an elephant size computer and looked at it and said wow. He is still not able to talk about some stuff that he did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
one of my grandfathers was in Korea, and he was an engineer. He once was riding in a jeep and the jeep hit a landmine and the guy next to him was killed. Then, he was in Korea and his plane had engine trouble so he had to bail out with the rest of the guys. since the jeep accident he cant move his neck at all.

my other grandfather was in WWII in the infantry. dont know much about him though.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
My grandfather was in the Navy, Seaman First Class gunner, he was a only child so they posted him on Liberty ships, basicly transports as a gunner but he stayed out of combat sailing from Tacoma and Seattle down the coast to San Fransisco and a few times to Australia, he never saw any real action, one time in the early morning he was on watch and he saw a bunch of quick skinny darts in the water comming at them real fast so he sounded the alarm thinking they were Japanese torpedos but they were really dolphins and one time he saw a Japanese heavy bomber, that's right just one, while in Australia, it dropped its load and killed a cow, yes one cow. They were transporting tanks one time and they started one up and drove it around the deck, another time they had a couple crates of these fancy Ronson lighters, the kind of things officers carried around when on leave and the captain of the boat popped open a crate and gave everyone a lighter, I got it around here someplace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts