Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to murder someone. My 100 dollar calc has gone missing and I just had it 10 minutes ago before I left school. Our school is a pos filled with scum and I'm sure one of those *****es stole it.

That was the only thing allowing me to do good in algebra 2 also:mad:

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I've lost/had stolen three T-83s, I'm on my fourth. I've found writing and/or engraving your name onto them does absolutely nothing to get them recovered. Btw, they're kind of essential when you get into college, unless you plan on doing a major requires no real math.

I'd consider myself decent at algebra, and I know there are others who are good at math on here. Post up your questions if you need help.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
I'm about to murder someone. My 100 dollar calc has gone missing and I just had it 10 minutes ago before I left school. Our school is a pos filled with scum and I'm sure one of those *****es stole it.

That was the only thing allowing me to do good in algebra 2 also:mad:

Rather than blame your school or the people in it, why not take responsibility for not taking good enough care of your belongings.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Maintain positive control and accountability of your equipment. Unless someone literally pick-pocketed you, you put yourself in the position to be robbed my not securing and having accountability of your equipment.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Maintain positive control and accountability of your equipment. Unless someone literally pick-pocketed you, you put yourself in the position to be robbed my not securing and having accountability of your equipment.
bull****. its not his fault someone else stole his calculator. you dont put yourself in the position to be robbed. he may have trusted people to much but he didnt put himself in the position.

·
Well hell yeah it's Tomba
3,503 Posts
I go to the same school as him, and it is full of scum. I usually either have my calc in my pocket, or in the pocket of one of my binders, that detours no one in our school to steal them. We have a ton of theft in our school, and a lot of times people do get caught, but they usually just get yelled at some and slapped on the wrist, nothing more....

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Trust me, I take care of my things. I took the thing everywhere with me. Even during lunch I stick it in my pocket. I never left it unattended. I brought it home with me everyday and never left it at school. So yeah, I'm pretty sure someone took it from me when I had my head turned.

Our school system is one of the worst in the area.

edit- I trusted no one with it. Ask tomba about it.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Someone stole mine last year. In gym, our lockers are large enough to fit some clothes into, but not our book bags. So when I went off to play some badminton, some dick went into my book bag and snatched my ti-83 plus.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I've had one stolen before. I'm borrowing a friend's friend's who forgot she had it >_>

I may get a TI-89 when I go off to college next year anyway.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
bull****. its not his fault someone else stole his calculator. you dont put yourself in the position to be robbed. he may have trusted people to much but he didnt put himself in the position.
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I said.

If you leave your stuff lying around (and now we know that isn't the case but still) you are asking for someone to take it. You are putting yourself in the position to have something taken. People are dishonest, people lie, people cheat, people steal. You give them the opportunity and it is going to happen, especially if "Our school system is one of the worst in the area."

The only way that you don't put yourself in the situation is if you get something stolen that is on your person at the time, or you have it right next to you and you look the other way, look back and it is gone. It's pretty much the same situation, just varying degrees of "on your person"

I didn't say it was his FAULT per se, I was saying that he needs to keep positive control of his stuff, NOT doing so is asking to be robbed.

Now we know that he had control over it, and someone probably snatched it from under his nose (more or less).

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
People here get books stolen out of their cars... or did at the first of the semester so I know to trust noone here.

PS I'm not good at math... well I was in High school but I'm in the highest level algebra I can be in for a freshman and it is hard... but I wont have to take another for my major so I'm suffering through it.

-Wes.

·
Registered
995 Posts
People steal **** in our gym lockers all the time - just raid the lockers. 5 or so kids have already gotten their phones stolen this year alone. I have a lock for my locker now, though. So it's all good.

Last year some one stole my wallet. Luckily there was no cash in it, just ID and library card, etc. So they dumped it in the locker room garbage can.

What's wrong with some people?

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I said.

If you leave your stuff lying around (and now we know that isn't the case but still) you are asking for someone to take it. You are putting yourself in the position to have something taken. People are dishonest, people lie, people cheat, people steal. You give them the opportunity and it is going to happen, especially if "Our school system is one of the worst in the area."

The only way that you don't put yourself in the situation is if you get something stolen that is on your person at the time, or you have it right next to you and you look the other way, look back and it is gone. It's pretty much the same situation, just varying degrees of "on your person"

I didn't say it was his FAULT per se, I was saying that he needs to keep positive control of his stuff, NOT doing so is asking to be robbed.

Now we know that he had control over it, and someone probably snatched it from under his nose (more or less).
maybe im still misunderstanding you. but if your sayin what i think your sayin gthne its the same thing as a little girl getting shot by a stray bullet. she didnt put herself in the position the person who's bullet shot her did.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You are still misunderstanding what I am saying.

If you are in an area that you KNOW there is a lot of theft, and you leave your things unattended, you are putting yourself in the position to be robbed.

That's what I was saying.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts