Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if i should mix grease in with my lube that i put on my bolt. I hear some bolts need grease mixed in, wondering if it would help to do it.

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use the dye lube the white stuff in the tube, my friend bought the techt ion bolt, and it says he needs grease so he bought grease and he doesnt have any lube, so he was gonna mix it with mine

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my friend told me he was told he had to use the techt gun grease i just looked it its the techt gun sav, and it looks just like lube so i dont think he should mix the 2 lubes

but i heard that ppl mix oils n lubes or greases and lubes, any idea if its any good to do that? or should i just stick to using my regular lube?

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
If you know the proper amount and it's not excessively cold where you're playing, the standard grease that came with your gun is fine. Mixing them up, IMHO, serves no real purpose besides letting you pretend you're a chemist or something.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
I'll usually put a little oil on my fingers before applying dow to a gun that's having bolt or ram stick issues. Usually when that happens it's a matter of it being butt cold and the grease being to thick. I think you;ll be ok with the dow it came with however...

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
I've actualyl heard that fro an ego, it's good to mix paintball oil and some dow33 to put on the rammer. I have no idea how true that is though.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I wouldn't even use that Dye sleek lube, buy some hater sauce for it, you will not regret it.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
You know hater sauce is dow that's cut down with oil right..

Dow is dow. Like I said, if you want it thinner cut it with oil yourself. Kind of like oil....gold cup, love juice, and every other paintball oil is nothing but re-bottled air tool oil that you can grab from harbor freight in quarter gallon bottles for two ro three dollars.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
No I didn't, I just know it made my matrix, and epiphany for that matter, shoot it's cream with every bit of paint that came outta the barrel.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you know the proper amount and it's not excessively cold where you're playing, the standard grease that came with your gun is fine. Mixing them up, IMHO, serves no real purpose besides letting you pretend you're a chemist or something.
yeah that is great advice, you should definitely follow it!

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well on my dm7 i use the dye lube that came with it, im in LA so never too cold out here,
havnt had problems with lube or bolt ever so far,
just askin this cuz my friend bought the techt l7 bolt for his ion and neither that or his ion came with any lube.
so he bought the gun grease, and i thought it was oil not like lube, cuz i heard about mixing oil and lube

but i heard there was some lube that would allow you to decrease your dwell, is that just some fancy blabbing, or is it actually any good?
And you recommend i buy hater sauce? Dont stick with my dye lube?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Please get that sauce! you mgiht be able to recreate the same thing/ make a better lube by experimenting with the whole dow/oil thing, but honestly you don't need to that stuff is the ****.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts