Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
So wait, you want to know a good gun for a first time scenario baller?

If that's it, 98 Custom.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it's not the 98 custom that's a newb gun you should look at the phantom My brother just bought his and he was shooting it into a bucket and he said it was accurate. my dad and brother are going to D-day and my dad is going to use mr spyder. another idea is the military style guns they are a little exspensive but they get the job done and tippman makes a line of markers called BT they have a BT Tactical and field they are both great scenario game guns

·
Registered
413 Posts
yeah but the BT's don't preform any better then the 98C for the extra $50.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't understand why people call the 98 custom a "newb gun". I have one and my friends have them to and some of them have spyders. It is probably one of the most customizable gun on the market. You can change it for any kind of game such as speedball, woodsball, or scenario. Just my opinion.

·
12,110 Posts
I can do the same with my mag. Its great for speedball at 17bps. Its perfect for woodsball ebcuase its all black. And theres tons of scenario stuff you can do with it. I've seen M14's, machienguns, even the gun from starship troopers.

They're not THE most upgradable gun.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
They are often called newb guns because they are newb proof. You almost can't break them. Great for the new player. Another reason is probably because when you look at all the high end guns it is, in fact, not as nice. For the price though, you can't beat it.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
needmormoney said:
yes it's not the 98 custom that's a newb gun
so its perfect for you then

buy the 98c

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
definently go with the tippy, i dont have one, but my freinds who have them love them. thier a pretty good price, and you can get a package deal if you want. if you've already got the other stuff (mask, tanks, that kind of stuff) you can get the tippman A-5, with is alot like the 98c, but a little smaller and even more upgradable(sp) but still durable. i know they cost moe that the 98c's though, so it depends on what you want to spend

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hawk said:
In my Opinion, no company makes 'newb' guns. I'm pretty sure with some effort (And Cash) any gun can be upgraded to compete, at least a little.
I thought that was all brass eagle made, cheap guns that come with a full kit, when the gun messes up or if u want another, keep the rest, toss or sell the gun. But.......if u were a serious balla, u could mod the hell out a brass ealge.

·
12,110 Posts
You dont need any special kind of gun for a first tiem scenario player. Insted spend you rmoney on some camouflage clothes.

Once you've got the feel for scenario, adn you think youre ready for a new gun, then get a scenario marker like a RAP4. Check out www.rap4.com the only scenario markers worth buying.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hawk said:
In my Opinion, no company makes 'newb' guns. I'm pretty sure with some effort (And Cash) any gun can be upgraded to compete, at least a little.
this is right there really is no noob gun actually, you can pimp out a walmart special but the reliability isnt to great but you can do it if you want

1 - 18 of 18 Posts