Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night after I got off work I decided to take my girlfriend and her brother, along with my best friend, to the rodeo. For those that haven't read the auto section, my car is kinda the taxi. Well anyways, before I tell the full story, I wanna tell a few things that happened at the rodeo.
1. Some guy hopped up on some pills tried to sell us some bars.
2. The rodeo had a dance competitions for little kids, the two finalists were an eleven year old girl who was dancing like the Russian chick off of Coyote Ugly.. Really slutty. The black dude, who won, and the only one who could dance, did the "Lean wit it Rock wit it" dance while they played Drop it Low by Nelly *name might be wrong, can't member*
3. 11 year olds are starting to dress like Paris Hilton, and by my calculations will be mothers at the age of 13.

Anyways, coming home from the rodeo, my girlfriend asked if we wanted to go on a detour road, just a different way to her house. So I decided to do it. Well, it was raining. The road had sharp S curves so I was going slow and every 500 feet or so a pothole was in the road. So naturally I was a little pissed, so I asked Brittany if she knew where the road came out, and one thing after another, we have a lil arguement. She started crying and I felt bad so I told her I loved her and all she said was whatever, which really hurt. Then she took off her seabelt.I stopped the car and made her put it on, and almost had to yell at her to get her to put it on. Meanwhile I'm feeling like a jerk while she won't even answer me. Not knowing the road, my brother had to tell me there was a stopsign up ahead as I could barely see and was worried I was about to lose the love of my life. Instinct told me the wrong thing, and I wound up slamming the brakes, causing my brakes to lock. I wasn't going fast, but it was fast enough to hydroplane. We went into a skid and on the other side of the stopsign was a ditch. The sound of tires squealing in the rain seemed to be my only thought, and I yelled out **** and swerved to the left, and I don't know why, just something to aim out of the ditch. I realized when we stopped *safely* that if anything would have went wrong, i could have slammed my girlfriend into the ditch, or flipped us. Now, for those who were questioning the bolding of the seatbelt part, that is what really hit me, what if she hadn't been wearing her seltbelt and we wrecked, or if we would have died and "whatever" were our last words.

So we were stopped, I looked at Brittany, shaking badly and said "I love you so much baby", then turned around and made sure my buddy and Brittany's brother were ok, and had to light up a cigarette, which even that wasn't enough to calm me down. When I got my girl home, I walked her in the house, let her mom know they were home, and neither she or her brother told their mom about the incident. *Her brother was laughing during the skid is what I was told*

My worst fear is losing another friend. eternally. And I couldn't live with myself if I lived and they died. I spent what seemed an eternity shaking in Brittany's arms, and had to force myself to leave because we still had to go to the shell station to get Subway and then go to my buddy's house and stay.
God was definitley with me, Kayla *my guardian angel/ex girlfriend* was also by my side. The actions I took during the event were not the right incidents to take, but I thank the Lord for sparing our lives. Shortly after pulling into the shell station, I thanked both God and Kayla. Though I do not know why they have spared me time after time even though I don't follow their chosen path, they are always with me, and knowing that has made me decide to rededicate my life to God.

Anyways sorry so long, but the story couldn't be told so shortly.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also this has made me completely rethink the "I need a faster car" fad. My slow car will do the job til past the 200k mile mark, and a fast car is the last thing I need.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
meatwadttm said:
Saturday night after I got off work I decided to take my girlfriend and her brother, along with my best friend.. ... my brother had to tell me there was a stopsign..Her brother was laughing during the skid is what I was told*
To whom does the brother belong?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Damn dude,that's deep.

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
my best guess would be that kayla is the friend he lost and was referring to, why he could not loose another person in his life having already gone through that pain before. pretty self explanitory i thought.

D

·
0 Posts
kayla's the friend he lost about a year ago i think.. hes a returning member.. or it's a coincidence.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I remember him. Anyway, glad to hear of your rededication. thumup:

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
The one time I didn't put on my seatbelt- I was heading towards an intersection and I looked down to grab a piece of gum in the cupholder and I looked up and I saw the cars ahead were stopped and I was going like 20 mph and I slammed on the breaks and came like an inch away of hitting the guys back bumper in front of me.

I don't really want to take a trip through my windshiled anytime soon.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, that's why I don't feel my rights are being infringed upon by having a mandatory seatbelt law. In Mississippi it used to be the law that if u were pulled over for something and u weren't wearing a seatbelt they could ticket u, but they couldn't just ticket u for not wearing a seatbelt, they had to have other causes. But now it is a law that they can pull you over just for not wearing a seatbelt.

But about Kayla, u guys are right, suprised y'all still remember that. Anyways, gtg, gotta call the g/f.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
meatwadttm said:
Yeah, that's why I don't feel my rights are being infringed upon by having a mandatory seatbelt law. In Mississippi it used to be the law that if u were pulled over for something and u weren't wearing a seatbelt they could ticket u, but they couldn't just ticket u for not wearing a seatbelt, they had to have other causes. But now it is a law that they can pull you over just for not wearing a seatbelt.
That's what it's like with cell phone use in Jersey now. THey could only ticket you for it if they pull you over for something else.

I don't see how people could think their rights are infringed with a mandatory seatbelt law. But I dunno. My grandma when she drove refused to wear hers.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Yeah you shouldn't feel bad for yelling at her to put her seatbelt on if thats what i remember what i read.

I think it is stupid when people don't where seatbelts though and i dont know what i was gonna say so yeah.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts