·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like both ther old and ther new

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
they have a few new good songs. but it seems like all their new songs sound exactly the same

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^but thats in your opinon

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think greendays Dookie and __ smoothed out sloppy hours or whatever was good... then they did makeup and black hair and polotics????

Bands who start politcal IE- anti flag, the casualties ect are alright and bands who turn political just suck

its retarted to use ure fame to express your opinion... mine doesnt matter so why should yours?? bands who get big by expressing themselves now thats a different story...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
American Idiot was not a great album, but in todays world it's decent. Better than that Jay-Z or G-unit crap.

Their older stuff was better because it was inspired by things in every day life. Longview was written about being bored, and trying to entertain onesself with Dank (pot) and Masturbation.
Brain Stew was written by Billie Joe around 2 a.m. because his son was crying and Billie couldn't sleep, so he wrote that song.

They were a hardcore punk band between 88-92... but when they toured playing their album Dookie, alot of their old fans called them sellouts. After this they lost alot of respect from the Punk crowd.
I still think they're a good band, even if they might be trying a bit too hard to be political.

-Petey

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
american idiot is just a pop album targeted just for the mainstream crowd. they definetely sold out after this one because of their whole 'style' with that makeup and crap. my friends hardly listened to green day besides like a few of their singles. once american idiot came out, they all ran out and bought the album raving about how amazing it was. its not a horrendous album, but def. not good on their standards. i heard what originally happened was they recorded a full cd, but it was deleted from the computers database, so they just scrapped the old stuff and make american idiot. i said ot my friend once 'its really gay how they wear makeup and ties and ****, and sing about political crap even though they never did..' he said 'what? the makeup is cool and so what mabye they changed..'' ok well they changed into a stupid mainstream band that everyone likes..

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
ja289 said:
then again your a metalhead lol
your point is? The only greenday song I ever liked was basketcase, and that got old quick. I think that greenday all around just sucks. I swear each song sounds the same, Billie Joe sounds like he has had a stuffy nose since he was born, and they can all play what? 3 chords? 4? I second that prophet is right..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts