Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Did you seriously not do your homework on those kits? They are **** and have been proven to be **** 100x over. The all aluminum inserts are slightly better.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Did you seriously not do your homework on those kits? They are **** and have been proven to be **** 100x over. The all aluminum inserts are slightly better.
Hey now, let's be fair... Freak inserts shoot just as well as anything else. I own a kit, myself, that I've supplemented with brass .670 and .675 inserts, and I've been very happy with it.

SP just had a bad habit of sloppy machining, which led to poor tolerances, particularly with the aluminum inserts (perhaps the problem was exacerbated by poor anodizing consistency?). As a result, some owners have found that their inserts' actual ID doesn't match the intended size. This isn't usually the end of the world - chances are, one of the other 7 inserts will be the size you're looking for - but it certainly can be inconvenient, particularly when the problem is at an end of the scale, such as with a .679.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Hey now, let's be fair... Freak inserts shoot just as well as anything else. I own a kit, myself, that I've supplemented with brass .670 and .675 inserts, and I've been very happy with it.

SP just had a bad habit of sloppy machining, which led to poor tolerances, particularly with the aluminum inserts (perhaps the problem was exacerbated by poor anodizing consistency?). As a result, some owners have found that their inserts' actual ID doesn't match the intended size. This isn't usually the end of the world - chances are, one of the other 7 inserts will be the size you're looking for - but it certainly can be inconvenient, particularly when the problem is at an end of the scale, such as with a .679.
They shoot okay but the tolerances aren't even close to what they are labeled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts