Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the official specs of the Gt-R posted today as per Nissan and Autoweek:

Top speed of 193 mph ("best we could do was 176")
0-60 in 3.5 seconds
quarter-mile time at 11.7
473 hp @ 6400rpms, 433 lb ft (twin-turbo V6)
dual-clutch six-speed automatic
Torque split from 50/50 to 2/98
15.2-inch ventilated cross-drilled Brembo brakes
0.27 coefficient of drag
0.99 lateral g's
Curb Weight: 3792 pounds
Price: low $70,000 range

"Earlier, Mizuno-san had offered some lap times from the Nordschliefe for various cars driven by the German magazine SportAuto. Those times are driver-dependent, track-knowledge-dependent, weather-, traffic- and bunny-crossing-the-track dependent. But Mizuno suggested the GT-R could get anywhere from 7:44 on up, with most laps coming in between 7:55 and 7:58."

Compare that to the Corvette Z06:
Top Speed: 198mph
0-60 in 3.6 seconds
1/4: 11.5-11.7
505hp @ 6300rpms, 470ft-lb tq
Six speed manual
14.0 inch cross-drilled Brembo brakes
0.28 coefficient of drag
.98 lateral g's
Curb Weight: 3180 pounds
Price: $71,000 MSRP
7:42.99 Nordschliefe

So the GT-R is 600lbs heavier and 32hp less. Yet, it runs the same 0-60, basically the same 1/4 mile, and runs only 2 seconds slower on the ring. Pricing is pretty close as well. That must be one hell of a suspension, transmission, and AWD setup.

If this pans out to be the norm I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed with the GT-R. It might not beat the C6 Z06, but it's close enough to be a drivers race and it's a much more useful car with two more seats and AWD. It's enough to make me consider it over a C6 Z06 if I was in the market for a ~$70,000 sports car and I'm an American car guy.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'll take the Corvette. Nissan has too much electronic ****, which would be expensive to fix later down the road. Plus I don't think they have the RBs in them..

Plus all you've gotta do is H/I/E and a tune and the Vette will gain a lot of Horsepower thats restricted from the factory.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
I'll take the Corvette. Nissan has too much electronic ****, which would be expensive to fix later down the road. Plus I don't think they have the RBs in them..

Plus all you've gotta do is H/I/E and a tune and the Vette will gain a lot of Horsepower thats restricted from the factory.

I could do intake, turboback, up the fuel and boost and you wouldn't be able to walk away so easily.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah gtr>vette. I have never been a vette fan.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 'vettes specs are better in pretty much every category.
Not really, they're pretty darn close. Close enough that you have to drive the vette perfectly every time to beat/match the GT-R (assuming the numbers from both are accurate). Whereas, the GT-R will put up much more consistent times due to the added AWD traction off the line and the auto-gearbox giving perfect shifts.

Basically, a monkey could drive the GT-R to 3.5 second 0-60 and an 11.7 1/4 mile. But, not everyone can drive the vette to match those times. All it takes is a missed shift to be completely destroyed.

It's like my car. They're capable of mid 12's in good hands stock, but most people are lucky to break low 13's because it's difficult to get it hook and shift perfectly.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
They both respond to mods very well. Only thing is the GTR is automatic. I want a full out 6-speed manual. Don't give me that "Autos shift faster" I know this. I just prefer driving a manual.

Plus that means no stutterbox and no lift to shifts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yeah, but your Custom User Title says it all, you're gay.
no, I jsut have my own opinions on cars and don't jump on the band wagon.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Chill I was only kidding. And when it comes to corvette to GT-R the bandwagon (at least around here) is the GT-R. I always here kids talking about how cool their import car is going to be when they finish putting in the new window that was smashed out in last night's drive-by.

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
It's like my car. They're capable of mid 12's in good hands stock, but most people are lucky to break low 13's because it's difficult to get it hook and shift perfectly.
I'm sure most everybody here knows the answer to this question, but what kind of car do you have?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts