Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 more day for me...2 more if you didn't preorder at EB.

Man, I cannot wait. This game is going to be so sweet. Who's looking forward to it, and who doesn't care? How many of you think you'll be bored by it, and who thinks it's going to be your new reason for never leaving your house?

Discuss.

-Jin

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
im going to get it, but im not as excited as half life 2. forget hl2, people are being such dicks about it. its not gonna be the same thing as vice city at all... it has so much more stuff its crazy. im not sure whats going on with how im going to get it. see i awnt to preorder half life 2 to get it out of the way, but i also want gta...

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I hate how people say it is the same thing over and over, and it's getting old. What about the dozens of yearly sports games that come out, like football and basketball? They don't change a whole lot, so I'd say those are more repetitive than GTA. What about FPS games? Usually it's the same thing over and over.

You can basically say any game is getting old, so I don't know why they pick on the GTA series, which actually tries to improve on the series and add new things to each game. It greatly expands on the general theme and theory of the game, and I think it's going to be just as fun playing San Andreas as the first time I played GTA3.

-Jin

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
you can play the same sports games over and over just like you can play a sport over an over

but games like gta get boring after the first time you beat them. Thats just my opinion though, if enough people say that its good, i may consider renting it.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meh, ok, so maybe sports games weren't the best example, because they change every time. But you get my point.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. There's going to be so much to do and see it's going to be overwhelming at first. I'm planning on having 3 or so friends over this weekend and we're going to play it non-stop.

-Jin

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
GTA series games get old because there are only a limited number of things you can do.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I'm getting it because you can steal bicycles and atv's.

Actually I got about 90 bucks of worthless store credit at best buy.

·
Registered
920 Posts
None of them are that fun to me. I am more of a shoot em up guy, and the shooting in these games are crap. Gun control, gun physics, none of it is very good at all in any of the GTA games.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
I'm gonna get it a little later in the year when i find it used. Got a coupon to a local store so i'll get it then. Right now im short on cash and I will just have enough money for halo 2.

·
Registered
967 Posts
dude it looks awesome all the games in this series are great because there so original

yea after a while it will probly get old

ive always wanted a game where you can basicly lead your own life and do whatever you want and theres always something to do i think that would be awesome

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
ViP_ViPeR said:
ive always wanted a game where you can basicly lead your own life and do whatever you want and theres always something to do i think that would be awesome

let me introduce you to the wonderful world of..... the sims

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
wow, this game is alot better than vice city/gta 3. Just all the improvments they made are impressive. Now, you can swim, build up skill points, climb walls/roofs, get fat, get a hair cut, get tatoos. I was also very impressed with just the overall amount of "world" they put into the game. the game is alot more open too. If you see a hill, climb it and it could lead to grass, or run down homes. Everything is alot more detailed aswell. The pedestrians have been improved as far as looks and common sense. If your just walking along the streets and comfront a group of gangsters they'll surround you and be like "your either with us or against us" then another one would be like "just waste him" and theyll wip out there uzzies and start chasing and shooting at you. Rockstar did a very good job with the overall "feel" of the game. the AI is improved and it just "feels" like a real city.the weather effects are pretty good, but ive only experienced down pours, even with that, they did a good job. And you dont see rain or blood drops on the screen anymore. The vehicles are improved aswell. they range from cars (4/2 door), pickups, buses, convertables, jeeps, dune buggies (sp), motorcycles, go-peds, dirt bikes, choppers, tractors, mobil homes, bikes (the kind you peddel) mr. whoopie(ice cream truck) ambulance, etc. and thats only in the one area im in. there are alot more i forgot to mention. even the damage models on the cars look very impressive and real. Overall, rochstar did a very good job with this game. Now ive heard rumors that this will be the last in the trilogy, and if thats true, then they went out with a blast

1 - 20 of 158 Posts