Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like the characters in GTA 3 more, but the style, music, and area in VC is better. Plus there is motorcycles and more weapons. I'd say VC.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Ah...This is a question I have long pondered. It's really a very close debate, and you probably won't like my answer. To tell the truth, I don't have a favorite. I like them both pretty much the same. Let me just give you guys a quick background on myself and then my reviews on the games.

Ok, first off I have been playing video games since I was 4ish, and since then I've fallen in love with games. Unfortunately, I have a super high standard for video games. I don't finish a game unless I find it enjoyable and really worth my time. For that reason, I get bored with some games quite quick, mainly because I get mad at the developers for making such a stupid game.

Ok, anyway, now on to the games. I find both GTA:3 and GTA:VC VERY MUCH worth my or anyone's time. GTA:3 has this certain feeling to it...I'm not sure what it is. It's set in modern times of course, but there's just something about the story and atmosphere that really hooks you from the beginning. Everything is very well done, but in my opinion, the 4th quarter of the game (the ending parts) could have used some work. For that reason, I never bothered to finish the game.

GTA:VC is nothing like GTA:3...sort of. GTA:3 was dark and had an ominous feeling in the air, like at any moment a gang could pop out and beat you down. In GTA:VC, the sun is usually shining and it is very much like a Miami Vice episode. The storyline is strong and original, and the gameplay is great too. Missions are also very unique. I'm not sure why, but I just love GTA:VC. I really want to live there, despite all the gangs and corruptness...It seems like a fun place to live (lol). I finished Vice City, manly because when I got to the last few missions I actually had fun on them, unlike GTA:3 where my main concern was not dying (not that the VC ones weren't hard).

Ok, in the end of my very long synopsis, I recommend both. I played 3 first and then VC like a year later, so I don't know if order matters. But if I had to choose just one to play, I would have to say VC. Sure there are a bit more glitches than in 3, but when I look back on the total experience in VC, I really feel like popping in the disk and playing again. It's just that good. There's no way to explain it, and I'm sure anyone else who's beaten the game will agree with me.

~Jin

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I started playing the original GTA, when it still had cartoon graphics, and birds-eye view. So, Vice City pretty much ruined the whole thing for me. People often make a point that being able to buy property made Vice City that much better. I found this untrue. I rented Vice City, and beat it within a week. GTA3 took me forever to beat. I am currently replaying it right now, and I LOVE it. Vice City got old to me. The story wasn't that great. And it didn't entertain me.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i hated both and thought they were both god aweful and boring as hell after a few hours of play. they seem like the same game to me, but if i had to chose one, it would be GTA:3

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I don't understand how you could think them to be boring...Did you actually start from the beginning and play missions and such, or did you just run around blowing things up? The latter gets boring after a while, but the missions I found to be very varied and fun to play.

And if you did just blow stuff up/kill things, then I still don't know how you would choose 3. I loved the additions to the weapons in VC, and especially all the vehicles. Mmm, Hunter helicopter...

~Jin

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
yea, i actually played the missions. 3's were actually fun, but vice city's just seemed like the same crap from 3 in a different city and time. running around blowin **** up gets boring in like 5 minutes. i am sorry, the GTA games r WAY over rated.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i liked 1 and 2's view better, but the game was retarded, if u couldn't beat it, u suck at life. way to easy IMO

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like the missions in GTA3 better than GTAVC. But I like the actual platform in Vice city better. Like the motorcycles, robbing stores, etc.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
vice city is good, but if you beat gta3, then it seems repetitive after a while. VC has a great environment, good cars, helicopters, motos, boats. Although gta3 had a really catchy story, alot better than the vc imo, i think i would be able to play vc a lot longer than gta3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts