Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, round four of the highschool drags finally rolled around. It was scheduled for the 12th of July, but we got around to it finally last wednesday. Kid with the GTO was talking all this smack about how my grocery getter couldn't touch his GTO w/the almighty LS1. Even after I walked him pretty badly from a 40mph roll. Well, we get down there, and him and I line up for the first round of test n' tune. His best so far in that car is a 14 flat, and my aeroforce gauge was giving my car a 14.11 @99mph. I knew it should have been a good one. Light goes green, we both take off. He puts about a nose on me to start, but once I can finally go WOT, its all over. He ran a 14.2 to my 13.9. Good run, but the kid needs to drive it a little harder. An 04 GTO should be able to hand me my a**. I couldn't believe it, but I got cocky and went up against the Z28. Once again, my 13.9 to his 13.6. The T/A that with us was just rediculous. He was pulling mid-12s all day. That car is really quick for what it has done to it. Can't complain about what my grandma car can do for roughly 500 bucks to make it do 13s. I came to cheap speed via a dsm, but the GTP is a whole different story. I can still have cheap speed while still having a reliable daily driver. I really can't wait for winter to finally get here-the car will be going under the knife, and a Precision SC62-1 Turbo will be added. If it blows up, then thats an excuse just for me to get forged internals. ZZPerformance is going to rebuild the trans and load it with a few goodies so it'll take more hp and a buttload more torque. Overall, on 15psi and a good tune, it should be pushing around 410-425whp and I'd like to hit around 500tq to the wheels. Right now I'm at 240whp, 320wtq. Will definately be a noticeable difference. And all these numbers will be attainable w/out forged internals. I'm aiming for mid to low 11s(The SC62-1 will put a GT into 12s w/good traction, GTP is around mid 11s) and should be able to attain them. Cars already one heck of a sleeper, I just can't wait to almost double the power just to make it insane :devil:

·
Registered
778 Posts
What's done to the TA? Sounds kinda weak from my perspective of this "The T/A that with us was just rediculous. He was pulling mid-12s all day. That car is really quick for what it has done to it."

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTP is a supercharged grand prix. The Trans Am is an 02 WS6, with Full exhaust (headers, no cat, 3'' pipe), SLP Intake, Clutch, Flywheel, Hurst Short-Throw, and some type of programmer I've never seen before-I believe it may be a full-standalone, and I'm not sure for the rest of the mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts