Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 2 year plan with verizon and it ends next year they gave some piece of **** phone when mine broke. I was wondering if i could like buy a phone off ebay or something and get them to make that my phone.

Get what i'm saying?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Yeah you can buy another phone used and get it programmed. I think they might charge you a setup fee though. Id wait for some more responses.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am

reason i ask is because a friend from school got a free razor when he bought his and he said something about givin it to me :)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
If you buy a verizon phone and you have a sim card all you have to do is take the sim card out of your current phone and put it in the new phone.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Aaron is right about the Sim Cards. Cingular and TMobile are GSM networks that use the little sim cards. To change phones you just put your sim in a different phone. Verizon and Alltel use a different technology and you have to have the phone programmed with your number. I know my friend just got a new phone for alltel and all he had to do was call them and they could do it over the phone. Verizon is probably like this too but worst case is you have to go in to the store and they will do it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts