Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I want to start playing guitar after my wrist heals. My friend can teach me the basics, but I also want to use online sources and teach myself.

Any tips/advice?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None at the moment. My friend said he would sell me his old one and amp for like 50 dollars but it's a crappy starter kit. But hey it's something.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
As much as you want to teach yourself, try professional lessons. Bad habbits are hard to unlearn..

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't afford lessons.

My friend took lessons and he can teach me the basics. Someone who went to my school is amazing at it and he could teach me the hard stuff when I'm ready.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
That's cool, good luck

·
Registered
905 Posts
Download GuitarPro 4. Once you have it installed go too www.mysongbook.com. You can download songs and guitar pro plays them and shows the tab. I would definatly reccomend having your friend teach you the before you learn tab, I will gaurentee that you will get lazy and never bother to learn how to read music as well as music theory. Another great site for beginners is www.cyberfret.com.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Mxtabs.net For all your tabbing needs <3

Good luck with that, I tried guitar hated it. Now I moved to bass and I love it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, my friend will be teaching me soon and I'm buying his old guitar and amp I beilieve for $60.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts