Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Well think about it alpha... Say you run a 68/4500 on a DM5... and drop 7+ pods a game (like 7 man..) you don't wana run outta air...

and cause you don't wana worry about being at the end of the game... or only getting 3k fills at a turnament (had it happen) and run outta air in a game..

sometimes it's not important. but other times it is..

O

·
0 Posts
At a tourney I'm playing in a couple weeks the field is about a 10 minute walk from the air station (there and back.) Probably 15 minute trip after the line.

Let's say you just finished your game and you have 20 mins till your next one starts. Or even worse, you have 10 minutes, maybe you're doing two in a row (finals.) Having a effiecient marker is key.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
well with an ineffecient gun, say you get X number of shots off a 68/4500 fill. with an effecient gun, you can either:

A) get more than X shots on one fill
B) use a 45/4500 and still get X number of shots

less weight, same number of shots, or same weight and more shots. would you rather have an 88/4500 tank on a complete gas hog or use a 45/4500 and get the same number of shots the gas hog does?

tl;dr- less weight

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bunkertime said:
Well think about it alpha... Say you run a 68/4500 on a DM5... and drop 7+ pods a game (like 7 man..) you don't wana run outta air...

and cause you don't wana worry about being at the end of the game... or only getting 3k fills at a turnament (had it happen) and run outta air in a game..

sometimes it's not important. but other times it is..
Understandable. Very good point.

But what about players like myself who only play rec? OR even n00b tournies like the ones they have around here?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I get fills after every set of games regardless of how much I shoot or how efficient my gun is.

Its helpful because you don't always have time and during drills you don't wanna miss 5-10 minutes just filling your tank.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Alpha said:
Understandable. Very good point.

But what about players like myself who only play rec? OR even n00b tournies like the ones they have around here?

like someone said earlier... If you have an effienct gun. you can run a smaller tank... like a 45 instead iof a 68 or a 68 instead of an 88 and still have plenty of air for w/e u are doing. so you can have a smaller, lighter gun..

like when i use my DMc or when i had my DM4... i have to use a 68 in order to have enough air for 5 pods (what i usualy shoot)

when i use my ego.. i can use a 45/4500... wish is alot lighter and still has the same amount of air.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I get 8 pods out of my DM5, so unless you play 10 man, you don't really need an efficient gun.

I would rather have a gas hog that shoots good than an efficient gun that kicks like crazy.

·
www.FrozenPumpkin.com
1,321 Posts
Quick turn around games.
You dont want efficiency of 900 shots and shoot 800 in a game and not able to fill b4 next game. Your done.

O

·
0 Posts
Alpha said:
Then it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
about 50 percent of the times i play, im just playing at my house, which sucks, because i have two 68/3Ks, and the pro shop is 30 minutes away. its the only downside to my mag. i can only use about 1300 shots in a whole days worth of play, then i have to switch over to my co2 guns. with two 68/3ks on upped cockers, shockers, dms, protos, impies, ect, you could get as much as 2000 shots out of two 68s. but oh well, im usually only playing with a few friends anyway, sometimes not even using a hopper full a game. at the field, its not a problem, because im not the type who likes to burn 1000 balls a game. i only shoot about 450 in a really intense speedball game.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts