Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know everyone is probably sick of helping noobs get started with a new gun, but i am lost. I need to know which gun is best for me. I am very new to paintball, but am looking to by my own gun, not rent. I will mostly be playing with my friends in woods or something, but not speedball. I want something accurate, but also something that can get quite a bit of speed if i want it to. I can go up to around $250 for a package. I hear tippmanns and spyders r pretty good for starters, but which one is best for me? Also, should i go electric? PLease help out. Thanks guys!

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Should you go electric or not is up to you. If your looking at playing speedball and so on, I'd go with a spyder VS1 which runs about $130, then the rest can be spent on co2 tanks, masks, and a hopper.

If your looking at playing woods more, then buy a tippmann 98. It's durable, and easy to work with. They run as cheap as $100 in new or barly used condition. The rest of the money could go for upgrades, C02, hopper, and so on.

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
electric would be good for you if you plan on speedball...i wouldnt recomend taking a tippman to speedball... but the vs1 would be a perfect marker for you...cheap and you can use it for either one woods or speed

just my $0.02

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The vs1 is a great little all round gun.

Personally, if it was ME messing around in the woods with my friends, i'd pick up a nice little mech cocker though....or a nice classic mag. Pump isn't a bad idea either...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts