Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I haven't played paintball for three years now, but my friends and I are going to start playing casually again this summer. I have a Piranha Pro TS G3 marker that I took pretty good care of back when it was seeing use. It has been stored in its box for the past three years or so inside my house. I was wondering what I need to do to get the marker ready for use again. Like do I need to oil/lube/clean anything? If so what do you think I should do?

Also, I have a 2000 count box of Zap Performance Plus balls sitting in my cabinet as well. These are quite old, but I was wondering what exactly is the expiration date of paint? I am assuming three year old balls are not good anymore, so what paint would shoot well inside my gun? I remember trying out alot of stuff back when I played and for some reason the Zap paint shot the best. Then again, I don't even know if the company is around anymore, or if they even make good stuff. Any advice is appreciated. Looking forward to playing again soon.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
oil/lube everythign just like you used to. then check for leaks. it'd doubtful that the orings are bad, but it's always a possibility.

paint sitting for more than a few months goes bad. I bet if you took the zap paint out and looked at it, they're all be football shaped and soft:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply! Any suggestions for paint? I remember something about putting a ball in your barrel and holding it up to the light. If the ball made contact with the barrel in like three places or something then it was good (fit wise atleast). Correct me if I am wrong here though. Going to have to buy paint so I want to make the smart choice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There's always the blow test, Drained. Put a ball in the barrel or insert (freak system), and blow. If it comes out fairly easily, then you're good. If it won't come out easily, then try a larger insert. If it just rolls out without blowig, use a smaller insert. Never really explained that before to anyone, so I hope that made sense... lol

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
that's how i've always had it explained. But that's if you have different barrel sizes.

I've discovered that anything you buy at your local paintball place should be decent enough paint. occasionally they'll get bad batches but not too often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts