Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

SO?

• Kimber custom

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Kimber TLE

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • other 1911s. springfields colts what version and where!

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to step up my game as far as pistols go.
Im looking at two pistols right now. both are kimbers.
The first is a kimber compact cdp pre series 2(aka series1) used with about 500 shots through it. previous owner was serious shooter only used in idpa match. Hes a good guy and takes care of his stuff.

second is a kimber TLE/PRO 4...Would buy brand new has rail for my m6.

pros and cons. there is a 75 dollar difference between new and used. The TLE will be hard to get a decent holster for in the future.

Whats gonna be here on friday? My springfield xd40 and my smith and wesson s99. I will hopefully be selling the s99 to a buddy when they get up here.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
personally i like the custom, but i dont know much about guns. if the guy who used it took care of it i would think it would still be pretty good.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a Kimber TLE/RL with a M6 now and love it. When shooting it compared to my other .45s the kick seems less, not sure if its because of the weight of the rail being forward and low, but compared to other full-sized .45s it seems much faster at accurate follow-up shots when rapid firing.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Hypnotize said:
Im liking the second one. Ide say go with that. I dont know much about real guns but i do shoot pellet rifles. Its the closest thing.
Listen to him ^ he's an expert :dodgy:

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I don't think he needs input from anyone who knows nothing about real guns. I like the TLE better too... but that's just because I think it looks cooler, but I know nothing about the performance of the two, so I didn't vote or express my uneducated opinion on the matter.

·
Banned
123 Posts
fine, let me go educate myself. Give me a second.

EDIT: after looking at some of the stats on both guns i would definalty do with the second one. But its still hard to choose because you said one was used and one wasnt. Still, the kimber TLE/PRO 4 is looking good.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Hypnotize said:
fine, let me go educate myself. Give me a second.

EDIT: after looking at some of the stats on both guns i would definalty do with the second one. But its still hard to choose because you said one was used and one wasnt. Still, the kimber TLE/PRO 4 is looking good.
I'm not sure 5 minutes of research is sufficient... but props for actually doing it instead of trying to flame me or something.

After doing my five minutes of research... I still can't decide, different sites have one or the other as the more expensive which is the only way I can decide since I know nothing about real firearms.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I like the tle. But thats just by looks. And its new. So for only 75 more is def a better deal.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Both are great guns, me I just know out of the .45s I have and I have many, the TLE is my favorite. I even like it better than my Wilson CQB. The biggest determining factor though would be you intended useage. Is it more for a range/ home defense gun or for concealed carry. If its for carry and you would like to stay with the Kimber Line I would look at the UltraCarry II.

I have 3 Kimbers right now the TLE, the Tactical Ultra, and Eclipse Pro, all three are very, very reliable. But for target shooting or keeping loaded in the bedside table it is my TLE with the M6 attached. If it is for CCW I tend to normally have either my Kahr PM9 or my old AMT Backup .45 due to their much smaller size and not having to even think about "printing". Sometimes I carry my Ultra or my SIG 239 (in .357 Sig), but usually I am in shorts and a t-shirt so they would be somewhat noticeable.

·
Banned
123 Posts
drktamer said:
I'm not sure 5 minutes of research is sufficient... but props for actually doing it instead of trying to flame me or something.

After doing my five minutes of research... I still can't decide, different sites have one or the other as the more expensive which is the only way I can decide since I know nothing about real firearms.
Well im a fast reader. And once you finish the stats its easy to compare and contrast. But i have been looking some more into it and im gonna change my vote to the first one. 5 min really wasnt enough to choose.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Also on a 1911 I would recommend getting an ambi safety. Never know if the SHTF if you might need to shoot with your non-dominant hand. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey shep thanks for the imput. You have always been solid on your views and I apprecaite that. Do you have any pics of your tle with m6. I have my m6 for my xd40 but have only seen one picture of a tle with m6 on it. Have you found any decent holsters for the tle 4" with the light on or off? I would like to get both. This will be my multi purpose. after getting back from Iraq it will be a daily carry but untill then just a range gun. I plan on holding onto it so sooner or later it will become a bed gun too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Toughie...

I'd go with the tle/pro, because that's the one I have in my house, I <3 it.

In reality, whichever one feels better in your hand. Doesn't matter how accurate/reliable it is in theory if it hurts your wrist/palm to shoot it.

If you plan to be using it in self-defense, then get the first one. Since they're about the same, better to take one that won't be a b**** to find a holster for.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I like the TLE pro, that nice all steel look gets me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts