Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i told my mom the two guns i would want.....The spyder VS1 and the tippman 98c....
they both like 120-140
I would need a good loader afor ea (grr... 50$...) and a barrel...
BUT
my mom wants me to get a cheaper one...since im a newer player...
I told her i want to play it on the offseason of hockey.....
But
she said i should wait till i get $ from reffing hockey next year (6 f-ing months away) and i want to play alot this summer so i dont sit on my butt playing ps3 all summer......
Grrr so what are some "cheeper" good guns

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Nah. A. I don't think they're making them anymore, B. they cost more than the refurb VS1's

Baller- check out the refurbished VS1's on actionvillage. They're less than a hundred now, and just as good as new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well..then i need to find a good, durable, decent hopper for 70$ or less....
And i have a few questions...
HOw do u know ur guns FPS(is that right?)
HOw many shot average could i get with a 20z co2 from a VS1 (and is it low or high pressure?)

I see all the pictures of guys with all this fancy painball cloths (shirts,,,pants) do i need this?and what about bandanas or hats everyone wears?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok im caught up on guns......
SPyder VS1 or Tippman 98c.....
THe places around me have some sweet woodsball areas.....and some indoor....
How many BPS could a Tippman 98c whit a double trigger ?(like the trigger that has a rest for 2 fingers...)
The thing im worring about on the Vs1 is that mud or paint will get on the eyes and it wont work...is there n e way to turn them off and still shoot (using the eyes on a hopper .....)....and would i absolutly need a better hopper for it?or could i wait a few months to get one....
WHich one!?

For Vs1 i would get.
New barrel
Gloves (for MY hands)
A barrel plug
A decent hopper(whats the most inexpensive GOOD hopper YOU would recomend?)
2 20oz co2 cans
Anythign else u recomend ?
Tippman 98c
New barrel
Double trigger (is that what its called lol...ill check after this..)
a hopper
Gloves
Barrel plug
2 20z co2 cans
Anything else u recomend?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
for both, you don't need 2 CO2 tanks, that's just a waste of money, unless you're going to give one to someone else.

New barrel is a good idea for both
I'd personally rather have a decent barrel sock/condom
VL Eye-Force
For the VS1, yes, you can turn off the eyes and continue shooting.
I'd get a VS1 anyways, the 98c isn't even in the same category, the VS1 is better in all aspects.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The VS1 is going to chop less than a tippman with the same hopper

If you get mud and crap in the eyes...well number one wth where you doing to get mud down the breach? Even if they quit working, you hold a button down on the back of the gun for about a second and they turn off.

Get a VL revvy or a Vl eyeforce. Eyeforce is about 60$, revvy is 30 or 40 now. don't do the quantum.

If your willing to buy used, halos are going for 45-50.

The speed a tippman can fire is dependent on the firer. YOU could probably make it shoot around 5-6. I've been shooting mech guns for years and am fairly adept at the technique. With a little trigger work I could PROBABLY shoot a consistent 7-8, and bursts of 10 or so( I got an old one to outrun a revvy last time I tinkered with one....took alot of file work on the sear to make it smooth enough). The spyder....anybody could hit 6-8 on it, the trigger is definitely walkable up to the average you'll get a non ramping gun to shoot, right at 12-14 for most practiced players.

Contrary to popular belief, wihtout serious bounce problem or ramping, that's it. Your not going to shoot any faster than that. I've never hit better than 16 over a chrono, I've never SEEN better than 17(I have very nimble fingers from years of using the first two in fine motor applications with drums).

The VS1 will work fine with a 30$ revvy for now, so will the tippman.

BTW azn...if he's playing away from a paintball field, I actually would recommend him getting two tanks. Can't tell you how many rogue games I've been to and watched half the players go down early with empty tanks and air 30minutes away :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kinds of upgrades can the Vs1 get...i tried to find them but i couldnt....

If i had to for some reason...would a tippy be good too?
(im leaning towards vs1 definitly)
Is there anything about the Co2 i need to know about? I heard their o-ring swear out ....does the manual show where they are?and where can i get an extra set of o-rings for the whole gun...
Also, where coul i go to get a used halo?
Also,when im getting a barrel would i look for ones under kingman or kingman spyder?

O,.....which gun is more accurate and better overall for woodsball...

·
Registered
58 Posts
what kinds of upgrades can the Vs1 get...i tried to find them but i couldnt....

If i had to for some reason...would a tippy be good too?
(im leaning towards vs1 definitly)
Is there anything about the Co2 i need to know about? I heard their o-ring swear out ....does the manual show where they are?and where can i get an extra set of o-rings for the whole gun...
Also, where coul i go to get a used halo?
Also,when im getting a barrel would i look for ones under kingman or kingman spyder?

Don't spend too much money on upgrades right away, as you are limited in funds. Just get the gun, a good mask and hopper. You could probably find some good deals for the gun and hopper right here in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. With CO2, it's always a good idea to get anti-siphon tubes for the tank - this prevents liquid CO2 from entering the marker.

You can always get o-rings for repairs. Most places actually sell kits for certain markers. Your gun (brand new or remanufactured) should come with a few.

For barrels, I can't really give you an objective opinion since I've only used a Freak. I heard the Orbiums are really good, but again a new barrel would cost you quite a bit. I suggest holding off on it until later on.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
About the tanks, I guess you have a point. When I had 2 CO2 tanks I would fill both of them up before I left the field so I could mess around at home ;)

The only o-ring that wears out constantly is the tank o-ring, it's right infront of the threads on the tank, and you can get replacements for a dime a dozen.

Check PB Nation for used gear, they always have amazing deals

The only thing limiting you is the threading on the barrel. Get any barrel that says SPYDER THREADED or something similer. I do believe First Call Paintball still has an amazing deal on a 4 piece Evil Pipe Kit
Evil Pipe Barrel Spyder [18-6-EVPIPSPY] - $17.99 : First Call Paintball, Paintball Loaders, Tanks, Marker Guns, Paintballs, Paintball Gear - First Call Paintball

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The o-ring your hearing people talk about is the one on the tank. Get an on/off asa and that wont happen period....

BTW, all the o-rings in that gun are tank rings.

No gun is more accurate than another. It's not physically possible, and that's provable mathematically.

That evil pip kit is an amazing deal, I may have to noab one to keep around or resell at the field.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the evil pip kit for(which gun...and did u meen pipe?)
lol...what does noab mean?

Its not that neccessary to get pods right?

It looks like if i get a 98 custom it will like 40 bucks less ,but with all the stuff i want with the spider it will cost around 350$
ANy of with i dont really need tell me:

Well...heres prices on some items i would get with it
139-vs1
30 for new barrel
15$ for jerk squeegee and in-field swab
50$ for good hopper
30- thermal extreme rage goggles
20$ on off co2 20oz
21$ gloves (kills to get hit in hands)
20-30 on items bought w/gun [oil,case maybe,o-rings,any other gun accesorys i will need?]
30+ for 2k paintballs (how long avg would 2000 last if i played....say 5 hrs a week woodsball and a little speed bal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, what paintballs should i get with that evil paintball barrel kit?
man,.....theres no 4 piece evil pipe kit =(

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The spyder will work better for both formats. Spend the extra 40 for the faster/better shooting gun.

Just shoot whatever mid quality paint fits it well.

noab is nab with an o in it by accident...LOL

pip=pipe missing an e.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Skrew it....my mom wants me to go to this thing on april 27 (almost 1 month after my b-day) and play for a day and they let u keep this cheep pirhana semi auto gun witha crappy mask, and i keep on telling her the vs1 is what most of u guys recomend for a starter and she gets pissy, i guess im going to have to get another b-day present... :(
Thanks for all the help tho guys...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok,.....does spyder still make the imajine?Can the imajine take Co2?HOw good is it compared to the Vs1....
Is there any other gun good for mostly woods ball/some speedbal in the 100-150$ range?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts