Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
doomsday said:
It's a chrysler....you basically expect the transmission to go bad. :)
We thought ours was bad but it was just the TCM.

Now our PCM is ****ed and is making the car die randomly.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
DO NOT pay to get the tranny fixed, you will pay at least 800$ for ANYTHING they do that involves touching it.

ive learned from experience your WAY better off getting a low mileage tranny from the junk-yard for 250$

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Pat.

I'll work on that tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find something on that note, but my dad already broke rule #1 when he told them to 'just fix it.'

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Torch said:
, but my dad already broke rule #1 when he told them to 'just fix it.'

haha i hope you have some money saved up

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get it back tomorrow I guess.

The shop calls my house instead of me and my mom (who knows not cars) said they put in a new speed sensor and then changed the fluid and filters like I wanted.

I guess it makes sense that if the input or output sensors were messing up that it would act like it was. It was just acting sluggish sometimes and once in a while it would just chill at a stop sign instead of moving like I needed it to.

...Right?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
eh i dont like changing tranny fluid, theres never really a reason too unless the fluid is BURNT to the extreme

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
my tranny oil was ungodly old... not burnt, but there were metal shavings... enough of them to make 2nd gear want to kill me.. once i got the oil changed, no more 2nd gerar grind :)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Maybe, IDK, I wasn't there. I was just saying that if the car was still hot when you checked the oil you wont get much, if any, on the dipstick.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
big_balla said:
I'm not that worried about it, its just I thought oil doesn't just... evaporate. But its not like there are pools of oil under my car.
Well, if you didn't have any or as much as normal when you drained the pan, that means you are burning a lot of oil, which is a problem. If you didn't have any on the dipstick that's no big deal. Either you were just low or the oil was too hot to stick.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
if your car has an oil cooler (alot of GM v'6's and v8's have since the 90's) then u need an extra quart or so

1 - 20 of 20 Posts