Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my wife was playin spades on yahoo. A hacker came on and took up all of the tables in almost all the lounges. I have spent the entire day cleaning and removing viruses, spyware and anything else you can think about. That was a bunch of bull......... sorry venting I had to remove over 250 different things...........any one else experience anything similar?

·
Registered
588 Posts
flowbob said:
damn yahoo spades, that sucks. my last computer broke down completely cuz of spyware and viruses heh...couldnt even turn it on.
meh i dont think thats possible. viruses can affect windows and screw up software but cant do any hardware damage or make computers "not be able to turn on". Trust me on this, ive built many computers and know them inside and out.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red worm attached to CMOS in basic computer abbilities. The board has a basic program in order to run this can be targeted. I build pcs to......... hardware no drives and such like cd drives are hard to mess with they just run, but the board has a processor that is run on it's own basic program, it can be infected..causing the computer to not be run or started.............

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My pc has built in chip away virus protection for a reason, the chips are vunerable, even my old 333 had trend chip away protection, this helps but doesnt stop a attack on your board.........

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
CGras90 said:
meh i dont think thats possible. viruses can affect windows and screw up software but cant do any hardware damage or make computers "not be able to turn on". Trust me on this, ive built many computers and know them inside and out.
haha. Then you should have seen the surprise on my father's face when he started our computer one day to find that windows was missing it's authentication file and 3 other highly important files. As such, it couldn't boot up to windows.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
CGras90 said:
Trust me on this, ive built many computers and know them inside and out.
CRas90 said:
woah i didnt know that viruses could get into the cmos and bios. thats scary stuff
:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out though dark. Was bored and decided to look at my sister's computer. Did a scan with adaware and had like 250 critical errors.

·
Registered
588 Posts
ive been trying to fix my computer for like a month. So one day it just turns off and wont turn back on. ok so i test another psu in it, still nothing. I found out that the board was fried somehow. I later got a new board, psu, hd and had it running for a week only to find out that the same thing happened! fried.... eventually i came to the conclusion that somehow the psu killed the boards and got a new one. Luckily i was able to return the new board cus newegg.com is sweet and now its working sweet

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Badinflewinse said:
:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out though dark. Was bored and decided to look at my sister's computer. Did a scan with adaware and had like 250 critical errors.
It took me all dya to remove the 200+ I had. It sucks really bad. If I didnt want to net for PBF I wouldnt have gone through the trouble.........lol

CGras90 said:
ive been trying to fix my computer for like a month. So one day it just turns off and wont turn back on. ok so i test another psu in it, still nothing. I found out that the board was fried somehow. I later got a new board, psu, hd and had it running for a week only to find out that the same thing happened! fried.... eventually i came to the conclusion that somehow the psu killed the boards and got a new one. Luckily i was able to return the new board cus newegg.com is sweet and now its working sweet

I remember you saying it cant hurt hardware? What happened to that this post kinda goes back on that unless I am losing my train of thought.........

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a mac, it sucks but it is good that is doesn't get viruses like windows do, it is pretty cool like that but otherwise it sucks, lol.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Orson said:
I got a mac, it sucks but it is good that is doesn't get viruses like windows do, it is pretty cool like that but otherwise it sucks, lol.
umm yes it does but not as many are out there because not as many people use mac

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Working in a computer repaior shop lately, I've seen a lot of crazy crap.

I've seen systems with +20,000 spyware, people have tried fixing PSU wall cables by twisting and taping, people have welded hard drives to cases.. Many things that simply make you step back and laugh.

Right now I'm using Panda Titanium Antivirus and it's THE best Anti virus I've used to date. I've used Norton, MacAfee, AVG, Win Patrol, Spybot, Ad Aware, you name it. Panda takes the cake.

I recently completed my 3.84 Ghz rig, I should post some pictures for you fellow-geeks to drool over. I'm simply waiting on one very special item to arrive. Let's just say it cost me an arm and a leg, and it has more memory on it alone than some of you have in your entire systems ;).

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Lowtryx said:
. I'm simply waiting on one very special item to arrive. Let's just say it cost me an arm and a leg, and it has more memory on it alone than some of you have in your entire systems ;).
i could see that... but my laptop was 2000 so i dont think it was lol. im sure some one here has the $200 frys computer. im sure i could have made my little brothers for like $150 when we made that

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/11/14/geforce_7800_gtx_512/1.html
That little beauty right there is the pride and joy of my system..

It's a steady gaming rig:
ASUS P5LD2 Mainboard
250GB 7,200 RPM Western Digital SATAI Drive
Intel P4 Socket 775 Hyper threaded 3.20 GHZ 64 Bit overclocked to 3.84 GHZ
1024MB of DD2 at 533MHZ (2x512)
500 Watt Ultra Modular Power Supply Unit
and coming soon... A 512MB DDR3 MSI GeForce 7800 GTX :D

It has a great BIOS with Asus' AI NOS oveclocking feature, with an Intel 945 chipset.

Edit-
I forgot to mention. The thing that makes this such a rock solid computer is the fact that I've paid under $2,000 Canadian dollars for it ($0.11 American).
Why so cheap?

Built the F****er myself ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts