Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been gone for a couple days. I went to the Doctor on Wednesday and was admitted to the hospital. Remember the thread I made back in June about pneumothorax? Well it came back but this time on my right lung, so I went ahead and had the surgery done this time. Everything went well, just left the hospital today around 1PM. I'm telling you though, the worst pain I've ever had in my life was from my catheter... When they pulled that out, my god I was in so much ****ing pain.

The epidermal and procedure itself wasn't too bad. But yeah I'm feeling good thanks to many painkillers. It's hard too type I keep ****in up lol.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
attention whore or not....i totallt empathize with ya 1337. i had 3 spontaneous pneumothorax episodes. It was definately one of the most painful things i have ever been through. especially the part when they make a little hole between your ribs and and jam a pencil sized tube through your chest wall....no anesthetic.

turns out that there was a blister the size of a golf ball and one about the size of a thumbnail on my right lung. when one would burst, BAM! pneumothorax. had surgery on it...the fleshy wound pics are here on the form somewhere (early 2002).

the painkillers were awsome :)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
attention whore or not....i totallt empathize with ya 1337. i had 3 spontaneous pneumothorax episodes. It was definately one of the most painful things i have ever been through. especially the part when they make a little hole between your ribs and and jam a pencil sized tube through your chest wall....no anesthetic.

turns out that there was a blister the size of a golf ball and one about the size of a thumbnail on my right lung. when one would burst, BAM! pneumothorax. had surgery on it...the fleshy wound pics are here on the form somewhere (early 2002).

the painkillers were awsome :)
All mine have been spontaneous as well. What was weird is this episode wasn't nearly as painful as the last, yet my lung collapsed more this time. I also waited like 5 days to go get it checked out which was dumb on my part. The thing is though, I had anesthetic during my procedure. I also had an epidural to help control the pain. Which side did you have surgery on? Have you had to go back and get the other side down at all? When you say 3 attacks, I assume you had surgery on the re-occuring side. Like I said this was my second attack, different side from the last one. I really hope it dosen't reoccur on the other side. Blehhhh.

But yes the meds are amazing. Although I almost got sick this morning. I've beeb sleeping like a baby though thats for sure.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
I'm currently prescribed narcotic pain killers :hug:

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
sorry to hear about this. Seems that everyone on the boards is getting sick or fighiting something You'll pull through. Here's to a speedy recovery thumup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts