Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done playing them all through again and man, what an involving series. I love the ending to each of them.

I never realized that gman blew up black mesa, but you can tell by the flash in the end and when gman says "And as for black mesa...*flash*...well that seems to have taken care of itself"

But Gman says something about preserving Allan Shepard for further use, like he did with Gordon. I wonder if they will make another opposing force.

As for Blue Shift, short but awesome. It had some great puzzles in it. The only thing I was disapointed with, was that there wasn't to much interaction with aliens, and none with G-man.

Anyone else played them? Thoughts? I cant wait for the Hl2 expansions.

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Im doing the same thing as you man. I never got around to playing any of the original halflife series. So when I bought my copy of half-life 2 I realized that I hadn't played the originals yet... I knew the basic story line, but I figured it would be worth playing them first.

So I went to EB games, bought used copies of Half-life, blueshift, and opposing force. I only started the other day, but I'm several levels into HL and I'm lovin it.

Can't wait until I get to HL2, its getting dusty on my shelf... not good.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i'm firggin stuck in op force, and i am to lazy to continue my hl. havn't finished them every, bought them 3 months ago, like half way though. REally enjoying them.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I didn't like about OpFor was the lame boss battle at the end that was easy as hell.

But man, Half life is super long, to bad Blue Shift was super short.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I've beaten them all like 34^8 times. Good games. Half-LIfe is AMAZINGLY long but...haha. We were bored at a lan once and decided to see who could beat Half-Life the fastest. I won! ;) I felt like such a nerd after that...it was disgusting. I went home and took a shower to try and get the nerdiness off.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pr0ph3t said:
I've beaten them all like 34^8 times. Good games. Half-LIfe is AMAZINGLY long but...haha. We were bored at a lan once and decided to see who could beat Half-Life the fastest. I won! ;) I felt like such a nerd after that...it was disgusting. I went home and took a shower to try and get the nerdiness off.

ahahah that's hilarious. How long did it take you?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Aggression said:
The only thing I didn't like about OpFor was the lame boss battle at the end that was easy as hell.
quoted for emphasis. Stupidly easy.

As for half life, i got to the spider thing with the ball sack thing dangling underneath. I got that glitch where it wont come down to the final part so i cant beat it. I just beat HL2 a few hours ago. I liked the ending.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
You don't fight stuff when you run along trying to beat the game that fast...you just run straight through. You gotta run n gun sometimes, it's hard as hell.

There's that vid online of the dude beating it in 45minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
yeah it did go by pretty quick...

and holy **** hl2 is amazing!
wow, I am having so much fun... I am about to start ravenholm.

sigh...
dog
gravity gun
alyx
barneys back
still seeing the gman every once and a while
****ing amazing graphics/physics

can this game get any better?? and ive barely started :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts