Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get violently ill when playing half-life or half-life 2? I have played half life on the ps2 and could not get past the second level because it gave me headaches and made me want to throw up. I just bought the second one for x-box, hoping that the improved graphics on a sequel/better system would help, but it didn't. The only other game that makes me sick like this is Timesplitters 2. Is there a graphics engine that is uniform on these games, and does anyone else have this problem or am i the only one?

Thank,
Hurdlebeast

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it sucks because i heard that half life and half life 2 were such awesome games, but i can't play them cause i wanna throw up every 1/2 hour.

i could care less about time splitters lol but it was odd because it was a fps that caused the same symptoms so to speak.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
no its motion sickness when you play video games for extended periods, motion sickness kicks in just like car sickness its caused because you dont move while the image you are viewing does tricking your mind and making you dizzy. this happens to me alot when i dont have something do like talk to someone or short frequent breaks, it also happens during the game prey for me because the gravity changes alot in that game. the motion sickness happens to me mostly in fps's like hl2

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol thanks guys, martix agent-not playing on computer, playing on x-box or else that would've been a great idea

i hope its not a motion sickness, i think it might be though, but it kicks in in like 15-20 minutes sometimes, other times it takes like an hour but it always shows up. I can play halo, halo2 and area 51 no problem, same with killzone but half life/hf2 are the only games that i play currently that do that

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
beat half-life 2 and almost done with episode 1. I only play games on my comp which is me sitting about 7-10 inches away from my 19 inch monitor for hours on end. Never gotten any kind of sickness whatsoever. Honestly, I wanna say its just you, as in, psychological, and there may be not anything you can do about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts