Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Halo B today and when I turn it on, the drive cone keeps spinning for like 2 minutes, even if there aren't any paintballs in it. Is that a problem? Also, after it stops spinning , I put paintballs in it and nothing happened. The paint wouldn't load or anything like that. I think it just shut off because I had to turn it on again for it to work. It is a Halo B with a rip drive. Is that supposed to happen? (The batteries are brand new, and I didn't mess with it I just read the manual, put the batteries in, and turned it on and the drive cone just spun for two straight minutes). Please help.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
not a problem. the halo feeds when theres nothing obstructing the eye. when an eye detects a paintball (no movement) it stops spinning. turn it on and stick your finger up the feed. it should stop spinning until you take it out.

and dont keep it spinning. batteries will die :cool:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
That makes sense to me. The Halo B was spinning to load something past the eye, and once something was infront of the eye it stopped. What would be the purpose of a loader that spun when the balls where loaded and didn't spin when the balls needed to be loaded?

-Mike

·
Registered
716 Posts
the halo b with rip drive i hav one too. And it only spins when ur shooting. the hopper will stay on until u shut it off. so when u shoot it will spin nd feed the balls. if u read the manuel it will tell u the halo will shut off after n hour of no ball detection. nd it will shut off on low batter too. so dont worry

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
U see, u turn it on, load in the paint, the halo then spins some to feed the paint. When a ball finally gets in the breech of the gun, no more balls can be put in, so balls stop moving past the halos eyes, telling it to stop feeding.

Make sure to use the flat part of ur thumb or finger when turning it on or off, or u will break the button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tippmann

Get your facts straight bro, there's a vid on the A5 forum of a cyclone shooting 20 BPS with the new WAS equalizer board, A5, Egrip, Low pressure.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i hate to point this out, but a A-5 would not need a halo anyway b/c of cyclone feed. It actually makes sense still, a 98c is a sear tripper like a spyder, and those suckers can really start to go. It's a insurance thing, or he may be saving for a new gun and have the halo now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts