Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Halo B and time ago it started flashing red and green, so the guys at the field told me it was either batteries or dirty eyes, so I changed the batteries, but it kept doing the same. I opened it up cleaned the eyes and nothing, it spins a couple of times and afterwards it stops and starts flashing. I finally bought a new eye kit for it, but with the new, the old, or no eyes connected at all it does the same! Does somebody know what's happening? :? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
it means it's jammed. Mine is doing the same thing. when you turn the halo on and it starts spining (this is w/ no balls inside) stick your finger up the feedtube, if it stops then the eyes are working.

what seems to have happened to me is the little beads end up catching a ball and holding it still.

put a few balls in the halo B and run it till it jams, watch and see what happens. It may help you pinpoint it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does nothing when I stick the finger up the feedtube. And sometimes when it has no balls, it starts spinning without stopping even if I stick the finger up. But most of the times it starts blinking with those 2 colors and spins a couple of times and then stops.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I opened the Halo, putted the new eyes in place, but whenever I block the eyes the motor runs, when I unblock the eyes they stop. Shouldn't it be the other way around???

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Take the eyes out and reinstall them. Make sure you put all the wires in the correct place.

·
Registered
581 Posts
my halo is EXACTLY the same way....so bobide, you say it might be the bead..ill check that out. i sure hope thats it..

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
what i found out is a ball would get caught by the beads. I guess the motor didn't have enough power to torque the ball past this minor obsticale.

However i found when i changed my battery (which has shot a fair amount of paint) to a brand-new boost battery pack. My problem disappeared, i guess the new bat had enough power to give the motor the torque nessecary to push the balls in.

gilbelocity try flipping the connector. What i mean is, the connector to the board for the eye wires may be on the wrong way. So the signals are being misinterperted. It's only a guess.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Your board may be fried...

that happened to me after I bought a used Halo and played with it two days... I fried my board and my motor

It kinda turned me off on Halos cuz I figured they were problem proned, but I'm working on building a new one right now

hopefully it will go better than the last one

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I think that's my last option. I didn't wanted to do that because I know they're gonna charge me for just looking at it, but if that's the best option... Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bobide said:
what i found out is a ball would get caught by the beads. I guess the motor didn't have enough power to torque the ball past this minor obsticale.

However i found when i changed my battery (which has shot a fair amount of paint) to a brand-new boost battery pack. My problem disappeared, i guess the new bat had enough power to give the motor the torque nessecary to push the balls in.

gilbelocity try flipping the connector. What i mean is, the connector to the board for the eye wires may be on the wrong way. So the signals are being misinterperted. It's only a guess.
I tried flipping the connector, but it was unsuccesful. Thanks for the advice though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know what the PR mode is, and I have certainly never done it to mine. But if you guys think it's the board then, should I get the victory?

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
get the owner to look at it first, don't just go out and buy a new board when your current one may be fine

anyways, it would probably be best just to buy another stock board... just cuz, you're never gonna need more loading or features than the stock one has

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah my halo isnt working...it keeps getting jammed but not jammed, the motor doesnt have enough power to push the balls even if u apply very little power to the ball near the beads. I've replaced the batteries like 5x so it isnt the batteries it is something wrong with the motor...and yeah Randy im kinda PO'd at Halo's in general now. cuz i havent even used mine yet. Its BNIB and won't work...ill see if Jimmy or Jeb can look at it

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Yeah thats why I bought the egg after I sold my first Halo... just cuz, my gun didn't need the extra feeding, and cuz I could actually get the egg to work more than 2 games in a row...

if I planned on never upping or getting a new gun, I would just stick with the Revy...

less feeding power, but tons more reliable

1 - 20 of 25 Posts