Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the real difference between a halo b with rip drive and a reloader b? thanks

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Heres something to think about by going what chaotic said...

If your shooting, the reloader b is ALWAYS feeding.
But the halo will only feed when a ball is not found.

So technically, the reloader b will load better at higher rates of fire. But the halo will go pretty fast also.

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
either is really good.. its just the reloader is sound activated and halo has eyes... reloader is faster stock but if u get the right board for the halo imo its better than reloader but they both great hoppers i guess here it comes to ur opinion on wat u want more eyes or sound activated hopper.. people are really opinionated about these 2 hoppers.. if u got the cash go with the reloader otherwise halos ur best bet

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the only problem with the upgrade halo boards is that 1) they cost money that you could have put towards a reloader b and 2) they usually eat up batteries like there is no tomorrow *cough*V35*cough*

plus with a reloader b youre already looking at around 28 bps with 6 fresh batteries on the fastest setting, hence the reason why there are no upgrade boards for the reloader b.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have heard that the halo will load like 10,000 balls before the batteries will need to be changed. I would consider that to be pretty good. With my egg2, I have to change the 2 9v's about every 2,000 rounds which gets expensive

·
Registered
694 Posts
intotheflats said:
I have heard that the halo will load like 10,000 balls before the batteries will need to be changed. I would consider that to be pretty good. With my egg2, I have to change the 2 9v's about every 2,000 rounds which gets expensive
The batteries in ur egg must have sucked hard, b/c ive gotten allittle over 4 cases off my egg batteries before

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah

dude i played with both on an ion and on a shocker the roloader b worked great for bothe but if u have anice quiet gun the reloader wont feed as well so0 you would have to think bout that r u goin to have ur gun qiuet or just keep it the same.
but if i were sum one byin a hopper i would go wit the halo b cuz it cheaper and it feed all times not only to sound!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
no matter what gun you have, a reloader b will always feed. some guns may sound quiet on the outside, but if you could be inside the gun while its shooting it would be very loud. and the sound activation thing is closer to a "tilt sensor" that activates when it moves. there is no actual microphone picking up sound, but sound is a result of vibration, and its actually the vibration of the gun that makes the reloader b work rather than the sound directly. so if you are going to worry about something, i would worry about the kick and operating pressure, not the noise level. but its going to work anyway. a borg for example is one of the quietest guns out there, and my reloader b still works with it. ive let people with dm5s borrow my reloader b and it also worked with those.

empire > halo, no questions asked :ninja:

·
Registered
53 Posts
ya reloader loads faster and syncs with the power of the battery like if the battery is low it will go with normal speed medium power= fast and full power= fast fast so ya saves battery a bit and will feed any time gun is fired unlike the halo if you used dark paint halo will not feed thats a downer:p

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
The reloader definitely doesn't feed faster.

toXic said:

So technically, the reloader b will load better at higher rates of fire. But the halo will go pretty fast also.
Again the reloader is slower, and the halo doesn't feed every time like the empire. In drop tests halos are faster. Also halos don't just feed when a ball isn't found, have you noticed how the eyes aren't in line with eachother? Thats because they detect movement, not another eye.

And with an aftermarket board a halo will feed faster. Reloaders can have problems with some guns because they jam or feed past the detents with small paint.

·
revvies rock my socks
280 Posts
toXic said:

on quieter guns sound activated doesnt work all the time though so a halo would be better

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
frozenboogerman said:
on quieter guns sound activated doesnt work all the time though so a halo would be better
It was explained that it senses the noise in the gun which is much louder than the noise you hear coming out of the barrel.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
if my reloader b can hear my borg, it should be able to hear just about any other gun out there. there are a few that are slightly quieter, but borgs are definitely on the quiet end and they still work with reloaders.

to get an idea of what i mean by "inside the gun," take out your bolt and pull the trigger. loud isnt it? thats about what goes into your hopper.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
you have to either shake or yell at the reloader during a drop test, which could be the reason why the halo is faster. really a halo is all you need, since most forms of play are capped at 15 bps anyway. but for the people who frequently use dark shelled paint (who does anyway?) an empire will be better because there are no problems with slower feed rates due to the eyes not detecting the paint. also, the empire has no eyes to clean. but if your using half decent paint, there shouldn't be paint in the neck of your halo anyway.

speaking of drop tests, my egg with modded prop, rechargable 9 volts and a Z board feeds faster than a halo. (but i still hate the damn thing.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
The reloader definitely doesn't feed faster.

Again the reloader is slower, and the halo doesn't feed every time like the empire. In drop tests halos are faster. Also halos don't just feed when a ball isn't found, have you noticed how the eyes aren't in line with eachother? Thats because they detect movement, not another eye.

And with an aftermarket board a halo will feed faster. Reloaders can have problems with some guns because they jam or feed past the detents with small paint.
The snowman just owned you. I like the halo, because i saw a TAG cheetah board make one go insane once.. Has anyone ever heard of an OMFG mode on a predator(?) board? I saw it once. Paint. Ex. Plose. Shun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts