Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vlocity vs HALO B

Drop test:

VLocity: The VLocity is advertised to drop feed at 35 BPS on the highest feed mode. It took the VLocity 7 seconds to drop feed the whole hopper. That it 28 bps, which is still fast but not 35 BPS :dodgy: .

HALO B: It took the Halo B 10 seconds to drop a whole hopper worth of paint, which is 20 bps drop rate. Still good but not quite as fast as the VLocity.
---

Hoppers on marker(A-bomb timmy):

VLocity:The a-bomb has a redz clamping feedneck on it, the VLocity look pretty good on the timmy just a little to bit triangular for my liking. However it was really light and made the marker feel really even.

HAlO B: The halo feedneck fit perfectly into the Redz feedneck. Making it a bit shorter and easier to aim the marker. The halo is kind of heavy but being that it's shorter it kind of makes up for the weight.
---

pros and cons

VLocity pros:
small
fast
3 feeding speeds
light

auto unjam

VLocity cons:
feedneck seems weak(just like the egg)
Looks weird
no upgrade boards are out
tall
only two colors out for VLocity(smoke and black)

Halo pros:
short
fast
there are new boards out for it
feedneck is strong :yum
can get new shells and more assorted colors
has good good battery life

Halo cons:
heavy
hard to get batteries in
---

Conclusion:
If you want a fast cheap hopper and not looking to upgrade go for the VLocity. If you don't care much about price and want more colors and boards go with the HALO.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
How is the Halo expensive and the Vlocity cheap, when the Vlocity is $20-$30 more than a Halo B with Rip drive?

Might want to add the battery life for each as well. Some people complain that the battery life on the Halo is horrible, but I have only had to change mine twice in about 20 cases of paint.

Also, you put "can get new shells and more assorted colors" in the Halo pros...so you could also put "Only 2 colors available (smoke and black)" in the Vlocity cons.

Decnent review.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright will do thnx for the input fenix.

I haven't got to test the VLocity battery life but i will add that once i get a verdict. And i also get good battery life out of the halo aswell.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i dont see how not having more boards for the vlocity is a bad thing, if it feeds 28 bps or more with the stock board. and i agree that its pretty tall, and weird looking.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
All you need is a cheap halo (ive seen them go as low as 45 bucks on the nation) and a cheetah board (around 60-70 on the nation) and there you go...nothine is faster...if you have the money get some of those lightweight battery packs...it will make having a halo ALOT better...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snip3r said:
All you need is a cheap halo (ive seen them go as low as 45 bucks on the nation) and a cheetah board (around 60-70 on the nation) and there you go...nothine is faster...if you have the money get some of those lightweight battery packs...it will make having a halo ALOT better...
QFT
thnx for reminding me snip3r the VLocity has auto unjam stock added that to pros!

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
My halo > any vlocity. Never jams, if it did I'd have rip drive, the 2 9 volts make it light and its really strong, and the Victory is fast and of course it looks good. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
1) you still have the velocity listed as cheaper
2) the velocity is just as tall as a halo
3) the velocity is actually shorter then a halo
4) i thought the velocity had 7 speed settings including a no pressure setting, instead of the 3 you list

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
bobide said:
4) i thought the velocity had 7 speed settings including a no pressure setting, instead of the 3 you list
make up your mind with 2 and 3.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bobide said:
weird, cause in the feedneck the VLocity sticks up higher.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
bobide said:
Like I said (to thread starter) that the Vlocity is $130...Halo B is $100 (non rip) - $110 (with rip)...so how is the Vlocity cheap, and the Halo is slightly more expensive? If you are going to write a review, get your facts straight.

Where have you guys heard the Vlocity is shorter than the halo? It's shorter length wise, but not height. The Vlocity is also wider than the Halo B. Click the following links for comparisons of the 2. I would make them actual pictures, but the img tags never work in this section...
http://www.simonsstuff.com/Comparisonside1.jpg
http://www.simonsstuff.com/Comparisoniso1.jpg
http://www.simonsstuff.com/Comparisonfront1.jpg
http://www.simonsstuff.com/Comparisonrear1.jpg
Those picture were originally posted here by Manike.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
stupid image code is off.

so see, velocity is shorter.

http://www.spirit-of-paint.com/images/imagesnews/vlocitydessus.jpg

and as you can see here, there is a lot of excess feedneck that can be cut. making them the same hight.

http://www.spirit-of-paint.com/images/imagesnews/vlocityface.jpg

**EDIT** ah, fenix found the pics i had wanted to use. See how similar the sizes it. The veloicty brings back the nose to lessen hopper hits (just think about angels for a sec) so the back has to be a bit bigger. If you care about the miniscule size increase in the back...your thinking about paintball all wrong.

*fenix i never heard it was shorter. My eyes verified that.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
bobide said:
stupid image code is off.

so see, velocity is shorter.

http://www.spirit-of-paint.com/images/imagesnews/vlocitydessus.jpg

and as you can see here, there is a lot of excess feedneck that can be cut. making them the same hight.

http://www.spirit-of-paint.com/images/imagesnews/vlocityface.jpg

**EDIT** ah, fenix found the pics i had wanted to use. See how similar the sizes it. The veloicty brings back the nose to lessen hopper hits (just think about angels for a sec) so the back has to be a bit bigger. If you care about the miniscule size increase in the back...your thinking about paintball all wrong.

*fenix i never heard it was shorter. My eyes verified that.
Well when you said shorter, you could have meant 2 things. Shorter length wise (which the Vlocity is) and shorter height, which the Halo is...by a little more than half an inch.

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
kazoo said:
Vlocity vs HALO B

Drop test:

VLocity: The VLocity is advertised to drop feed at 35 BPS on the highest feed mode. It took the VLocity 7 seconds to drop feed the whole hopper. That it 28 bps, which is still fast but not 35 BPS :dodgy: .

HALO B: It took the Halo B 10 seconds to drop a whole hopper worth of paint, which is 20 bps drop rate. Still good but not quite as fast as the VLocity.
---
1 you measured using 200 balls as the capacity for each making the speed off
2 also when they say VLocity feeds 35 bps and halo feeds 22 (advertied speed) they only feed for about .5 seconds at that speed because gravity and the spining movement of the drive cone toss around the balls not pushing them down
3 IMO the halo is sooo much better looking than a VLocity i would buy it for the looks and because few if any guns need 35 bps feed so thats a little overkill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts