Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got my supposedly NIB Halo today. The box has definitely been opened and the hopper removed. But anyway, I slap in some batteries and I can't get the thing to turn on. I thought the new Halo was supposed to be easier to turn on. When I look into the battery compartment, it looks like the hot wire may have been pinched. There is no wire exposed...
I'm wondering if someone dropped the battery pack and it snatched something loose. I gently pulled the wires and they didn't give.
I was going to take it apart (gasp) but the second screw I tried wouldn't budge. I could probably get it, but I decided to come here first.
Any help is appreciated, but keep your smart alec reponses to yourself. (Unless they are really hilarious) If I have made some n00b goof, then please flame lovingly. I have a sense of humor. But do tell me the answer. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
you need to take it apart and check the connections to the board and motor.

But if i were you, i'd send my "nib" item back and demand a new one.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Check this out. My NIB Halo has tape on the inside holding the wires out of the way. That's a tip found in some disassembly/reassembly FAQ.
The wiring harness was plugged in wrong. It's a 4 prong plug and only 3 wires were plugged in. I wonder if this idiot put it back together wrong and then decided to sell it when it wouldn't turn on.
The shell appears to be new, the feedneck hasn't been sanded and there are no scratches. When I turn it on with no balls, it runs smooth for a second or two then kinda "jumps" or "stutters". Does that sound right? When I feed some balls through it, they seem to flow fast and then slow slightly, then speed up again. Could this be a motor problem? Or crappy batteries? I just put some junk batteries in to test it. They are new batteries but they're just Eveready Super Heavy Duty.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
well keep in mind the way a halo works is it constantly winds up the belt drive. So it will slow down a bit to find it up more. The stuttering is probably when it is on your gun it needs to load balls into the feedneck, then it stops b/c the neck is full and no balls are needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts