Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get a Cyclone Feeder or a Halo? I have a 98c.

If a Halo, please post a link on where to get one, as I have only seen them in person.

What is the difference between the two? Which is better? If it matters, I plan on getting an E-Trigger soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
halo especially if you plan on getting a new gun. Plus Cyclone=Blender

·
No user title
273 Posts
It's a feed system that uses excess gas to rotate a sprocket and force feed the paint into the breech. It's the hopper system that the A-5 comes with, but you can get one for the 98 now.

·
Registered
559 Posts
HALO all the way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like everyone is saying, Halo is the way to go if you plan on getting a new gun any time soon. However, if you are keeping the 98, the cyclone is a good loader. I know that my 98 will never be able to shoot 15 bps, and being content w/ that, I bought a cyclone, and love it. It is far from a "blender" as people have said. I've never broken a single ball since I got it, and if you read the reviews of it on different sites, most people say the same thing. Whatever you get, hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I know people that use Tippman 98c's and they love their cyclone on them. I just got a 98c with a cyclone. Things I like about it, lower profile than a normal hopper, at least a inch. Weight, about the same as a loader with 2 9volt bats in it. Cyclone doesn't need bats, just gas and go. Like other people said if you are keeping your 98 it might be worth it to get a cyclone for it. The thing is that you are going to end up with a lot of gear if you stay with this sport. Can't really go wrong whatever you do.

·
slacking with the bashing
491 Posts
Halo - higher Rate of Fire (how fast can an e-trigged 98 shoot anyway? def not as fast as a halo can feed), keeps the gun skinny, and that's about all the positives i can think of.

Cyclone - ZERO chopped balls, lowers center of gravity, no electronics (a plus for a rainy day), can have higher ball capacity.

if you want to fit in, choose the halo. i'll stick with reliability.

·
Registered
201 Posts
deejuks2 said:
if you want to fit in, choose the halo. i'll stick with reliability.
agreed....my cyclone feed has NEVER broken a ball...i love it. it works extremely well...i really see no need to fire more than 15bps anyway? even if someone is shooting at you faster then that...i guess it would just take more skill to get them out thumup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts