Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this yesterday and i installed it and everything.....I go to plya online, and get a bunch of servers. "OK good" i thought, but when i go into any room i have like a 1700 ping. does anyone no what i can do so i can play with a good connection and like a 100 or less ping?

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
close down anyhting tha tuses the internet besides halo. sometiems your bandwith gets clogged up.

also, make sure you dont have a firewall, sometimes firewalls shoot it up and someimtes even completely stop it. and do you have cable? because it might be high cause you have a bad connection. also make sure you're playing on servers close to you, i know if i try to play on servers on the west coast its always laggier than the ones closer to NY.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i have cox digital cable, so yes i have a good cable setup. i dont know if i have a firewall.I dont know how to tell if its close to me. when i play, i can only stand and look around. nothing else. then i lose cerver connection. whats the "server port" thing under network options?i really wanna fix this lag and i have no clue how.

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
Are you running things like bittorrent, antivirus, etc behind the game? Do you use a router and/or firewall? Do you have any ad or malware running on your computer that you can't get rid of?
Computer specs?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have windows XP, and its weird because when i play MOH Spear head, it worked online great.

i have a router for xbox live

i have nortin internet security virus protection

no ads that i can tell

i have no clue how to tell if i have enough ram

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Right click on 'My Computer' and click properties. Read off all the information under 'Computer:' on the first screen.

Mine says:

Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHz (yeah... 1.8 ) :dodgy:
1.00 GB of RAM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts