Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using a halo 1 hopper for about two years and ive been looking at either the halo too or the dye rotor. I know that the rotor is much nicer, but is it worth saving up another hundred to get the rotor?
Please help

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have you had any issues with you Halo? Do you need to shoot over 15 BPS? Rotors are over priced lol, I use one sometimes, but no sense over spending if you don't have too

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
why choose? go used rotor

i was using a reloader B before the rotor, rotor sure is nice comparatively, i paid full price for the rotor and have not been disappointing, thing is tough, gets great battery life (which honestly has saved me quite a bit in the....3? years i have had it) and i have yet to have a jam or break in it (besides the 6ft fall onto concrete which would have shattered a hopper made of run of the mill plastic)

currently i think they are a little overpriced but that said they are very nice hoppers

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I got my rotor for $100 used before they went up in price. I've still yet to put new batteries in it, or even remove the batteries at all. That to me, was reason enough. My halo loved to decimate 9v batteries and it was getting expensive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of you guys seem to say that the halo too is better so im getting it for $84 at ansgeat. Thx for the info!!

D

·
0 Posts
Halo Too is a great starting point, allowing you a good bargain hopper for a very reasonable price point. They also become great back-up gear, as (from experience) hoppers do tend to go down more often than markers.

So - yes, by all means, buy this. You will have to occasionally replace the shell, specifically if you're playing in cold-weather environments more so than warm to the tune of $25... but that's to be said about most anything you shoot repeatedly with something traveling 200mph that has the capability to bruise and damage soft tissue.

Eventually, you may wish to step up into one of the more expensive hoppers. When the time comes, I've had very very few issues with my Rotor.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I've had my Halo Too for 4 years now and never replaced the shell once.

Although, to be honest, most of the shell is now j-b weld due to my using that every time it starts cracking. :)

I absolutely love my Too, far more than I ever liked my Rotor, or for that matter, more than I liked the Prophecy Z2 before I got new shells (larger) for the Z2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts