Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better, considering i wont be ramping and shooting over 23 bps. In your opinion what is better ?. try and make it un-biased, Thx.

Alex.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One thing about a Halo is you may start to encounter force fed hooper issues with your marker, which you'll see as having more chops if it happens. It caused by the Halo and Reloader B putting more and constant pressure on the ball stack in to the marker which can result in the first ball being pushed back against the bolt (if the bolt is a bit too far back) and having enough of another ball peek in to the chamber for te bolt to chop it, or for the first ball to get pushed past the detents and the same type of chop happens. I have a Halo B w/ the Angry Board for my Timmy. My kid has an Ion with a stock egg (w/ the Y board) and has had fewer chopping problems than me. Getting the Halo may require getting new detents for your marker. I got a ram adjuster for my Timmy (it lets me adjust the bolt posisiton) that seems to help - yesterday I only had one break from about a case of paint.

Another loader to look at is the Ricochet Apache. I ordered one and am awaiting its arrival. I am going to take a step down in loader technology to see if I get fewer problems. I also think it is good for us to have a backup loader in case one of our primary loaders fail.

If you do get the halo, you'll probably want to get one of the aftermarket boards for it. There is the $80 Cheetah board available today and the $50 WAS board comin gin Dec. I am planning on getting the WAS board for mine. The boards will make the Halo more friendly on paint and cause fewer force fed hpper issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i say halo or reloader and if it your gun doesnt have eyes ill say egg

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
PROBALLER1 said:
Thx for all your help, forshizzle im taking into consideration what you recomended.

thx again

Alex

Hopefully your kidding, but CannonFodder put it very well

·
Registered
12 Posts
forshizzle234 said:
just get a Viewloader quantom.... great for the money :shrug:
Do not get a quantom they are horrible friend has one worst thing he ever bought! halo b over the egg w/z the egg just isn't as consitant feeding rates and not as fast,and they seem to break easy

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
martix_agent said:
the reason halo is faster is because it puts constant pressure on the paintballs. the egg only pushes then when it doens't see paint, making it slower than the halo the first 5 or 6 balls.
No, it would be the same if the halos eyes were break beam instead of motion sensing, and if it spun as slow as the egg, and had the same bad design as the egg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts