Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has probably been started before and I'll likely get flamed for it, but I couldn't find it so here we go :D

For an automag, what should I get? I have high budget limitations so what will give me the most bang for my buck? As the title suggests I'm thinking either Egg or Halo but those seem pretty expensive so if there's a cheaper alternative that will still be reliable please tell me.
But also out of curiosity, which feeds faster? Obviously the Egg holds more than the Halo, but how much more? I can find that Halo looks like it holds either 200 or 250 balls but can't find anything on how much an Egg holds. And which one costs more, generally?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
I'd really only go with either a Halo B or a Reloader B in the loader department. They are the 2 best overall loaders, I wouldn't want anything else.

You should look for some used ones at a good price, they can get pretty cheap.

The Egg holds 195, and the Halo B/Reloader B both hold like 160.

The Egg with Y-Board can feed about 15bps. while the Halo B does 22bpss.+, and the Reloader B does more than 22bps. They have been known to hit 28bps.

The Halo, and the Reloader are deffinitly way better quality than the Egg. Eggs are very fragile, they are poorly designed, and are made with cheap plastic. The Halo and Reloader are very durable, and long lasting.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
go for it eggs are still good hoppers
what kind of gun u got??
EDIT: automag my bad
but it should keepup pretty good just don't go crazy with the trigger how fast are the automags

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive heard that halo b can hold 200+ and ive also heard that the egg will not last you as long as the halo b so id save for a little bit longer and get the Halo b

·
Registered
593 Posts
I used an Egg once and I really hated it. Thats just my opinion. Ive herd good things about the Egg and I think my teammate just bought one. (cant remember for sure, lol) Anyway I would overall recomend a Halo. I have one and its awesome. Imo the best hopper out there today.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
CTAbyss13 said:
veiwloader says eggs do 19, they do 17 outta the box. the z board upgrade does 23.'
egg=64
+z board = 20
total 84
halo b = 102
z board egg is just as fast.
i hate stupid people.
you dont know what you are talking about...you really dont. I have the z-board for my egg...and it sure as hell doesn't feed 23bps. Out of the box, eggs feed about 15bps (not on blowbacks, on blowbacks like spyders, its lower)...with the z-board...my egg feeds about 18-19 bps...20 tops.

Yes, the egg can hold more paint, but it weaker and looks...odd. The halo is faster and more durable. The only problem with the halo is the cost, but its not that expensive.

The halo is better overall. Get the halo thumup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well since you are putting it on a Mech Mag and can get an Egg cheap I would do that, then down the roaf if you want a better hopper go for it. A HALO/ReloaderB is pure overkill on a Mech gun, unless you have an RT with the ULE Trigger adjusted to bounce like a MF'er ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
CTAbyss13 said:
veiwloader says eggs do 19, they do 17 outta the box. the z board upgrade does 23.'
egg=64
+z board = 20
total 84
halo b = 102
z board egg is just as fast.
i hate stupid people.
dude u have be retarded in math, where are u getting this 64 + 20 and halo b 102? is that the capicity ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Capacity shouldnt be a deciding factor. When your almost out of paint what are you going to do? Take a pod out. How much paint is in that pod? 140 balls.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts