Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a rifled paintball barrel? The only company i know of is Hammerhead. I seen a video on youtube and it shot a small-ish piece of cardboard at 40 meters very accurately and was very impresive. I just want to see if anyone has one and if so are they for real? Thanx

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
rifeled barrels do nothing for paintballs, they are usefull for bullets because the bullets are not a sphere, in paintball you want to eliminate as much spin as possible not give it more

just some advise,

A) youtube videos are the worst place to look for your barrel purchase, of corse people say they get great accuracy, its not like they buy a $40 barrel, see that it has bad accuracy and then post a video on it

B) if it does have better accuracy its because the paint to bore match is better not because of the rifeling

C) this is the best place to find good info about barrels

D) go look into the J&J ceramic, at $30 its the best bang for the buck on the market and is better than a lot of more expensive barrels

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I have the Hammerhead kit for my Autocockers. I have it for three reasons- The price was right at the time, I NEEDED a barrel kit (It's a cocker thing), and I was curious about the claims.

Accuracy is alright, in my opinion it is as good as any barrel kit in the same 'range' (Quality, not literally distance range).

The problem is when you break a ball in those barrels, it will NOT shoot clean, at least in my case. You'll need water. Some squeegies won't work right either (Esp straight shots) because they won't go into the rifling grooves. You'll need swabs. And water.

·
Registered
15 Posts
plus paintballs obviously have a liquid in side and as it spins it puts the paint to one side and makes them curve you don't really want rifling or spiral micro porting the best thing to get more accuracy is sizing your paint to the barrel freak kits work great and if u want a carbon fiber barrel try deadly wind they use freak inserts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts