Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
nobelprize.org said:
At the age of thirty-five, Martin Luther King, Jr., was the youngest man to have received the Nobel Peace Prize. When notified of his selection, he announced that he would turn over the prize money of $54,123 to the furtherance of the civil rights movement.
an amazing thing to do... as a national/world figure - it's no wonder that his efforts are still remembered today, and his birthday is celebrated.

but what has bothered me a lot is that his name was never legally changed to martin... so he's still technically michael king... lol.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Most people down where I live really hate this day. I, for one, think that he is a very respectable man and did very courageous things.
qft, our school didn't even call this a holiday, it called it a "teacher in service" day. Last year, I was outside playing basketball when my neighbor was getting his mail, when he realized it didn't run because of the holiday, so he said something like... "Happy Martin Luther King day... lets go kill a n**** to celebrate."

O

·
0 Posts
Last year when I was playing paintball on this same day, someone said it was National Shoot a ****** Day. However, there wasn't any black people playing so that kind of failed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts