·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant make up my mind i can either:
a tippman 98 custom with
a 14 inch carbon fiber barrol
an expansion chamber
and a collapsible stock.. i dont know wat brands or none of that and th other gun is;
a tippman A-5
which has only a 14 inch whsper barol i think im not sure.

i was gunna get a 9oz tank with the 98 custom and a 20oz tank wit the A-5. the a-5 is goin to cost me 180 and the 98 custom is goin to cost me 200. wat should i pick???

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got the 98 custom, and its ok, but now that i just played speedball for the first time i hate the gun because it is so slow and it cost like 100 bucks to make it fast.. plus invest in a 20 oz tank 9oz will cost you more in the long run with refils

dont know about the a-5 sorry!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the 98 custom is bettter then the a-5 a friend of mine has both and he uses the 98 custom

Get a semi-auto spyder for a lot cheeper then get upgrades for that but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks does anyone have any dislikes about any of these guns. one of my friends tells me that the a-5 sucks becuase it chops the balls in the fan or watever im not sure im a noob but this other kid tells me that it never chops up the balls. wats ur opinion?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Here is a synopsys of what the arguments seem to go surrounding tippmans.

The 98c is an excellent starters marker -- it is reliable, tough, and easy to maintain. Its detractors state that the low Rate of fire (ROF) makes it impractical for speedball. Maybe, but I have seen some tight play from dudes with tippys.

The A-5 is the next step in Tippman evolution. It has many options including a response trigger for higher ROF, and it has a powered hopped called a cyclone feed. Again, this is an excellent marker, is easy to maintain and you can up it as much as anyone elese. I have heard that the cyclone feed makes shooting around bunkers difficult left handed as it tends to get in the way.

All markers will chop balls. Even those with anti-chop eyes will break balls from time to time. I have heard that the A-5 does tend to be somewhat problematic with lower end paints - but that is an easy fix as you just buy better paint.

My advice is to go to your local field and rent and use as many different types of markers as they have. Shoot tippys, spyders, cockers, or whatever, and see what fits your style. There are as many opinions as to the "best marker" out there as there are players. You have to decide what you like best and go from there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
get the a-5

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Get the 98C, the a-5 is overpriced. If you want the feed system, just get a revvy.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
id get a 98 custom, the only dif. btween the 98 custom and the A-5, is that the A-5 has a cyclone feed, which force feeds the pbs into the gun, and the 98c has a normal gravity feed. I dont think its really neccessary to get the A-5, but if u feel strongly about that cyclone feed go for it.

the cyclone feed may prevent from a couple breaks, but not many

·
Registered
520 Posts
a-5, or get little mroe and get a cocker

·
I'm kind of blue
118 Posts
chromekilla said:
get the 98 with a 14' cp one piece and a 20 oz tank
i would go w/ this for personal reasons but u should go and try the a-5 and the custom out, see what comes to your liking

but no matter the choice you will be happy w/ your decision:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
my friend has an a-5 and he said its an air hog because the cyclone feed is spun by air/co2. I don't know but some1 correct me if im wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts