Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your favorite hardcore/metal bands that arent that well known, you know the ones who play at the small local places. I wanna know some so I can download some of their stuff and see what I like, its hard to find all the good bands since its like "underground". A few of my fav's are Chimaria, Killswitch Engage, Godforbid, Dyingbreed, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, ect.......

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Poison the Well. One of the only Screamo Bands I like. I've listened to them for about a year now, always liked their stuff. One of the first bands to emerge the Screamo scene, if I'm not mistaken. Now we have garbage like Alexisonfire :(.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I'm pretty sure Poison the Well is just hardcore, not screamo. Screamo is what bands like the Used get put into...and Poison the Well sounds way different than them. Unless you're talking about Tear From the Red, that's tame as hell.

·
Registered
324 Posts
demon hunter
living sacrifice
Extol

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Mustard Plug said:
Bleeding Through
HIMSA
Norma Jean
Hopesfall
Atreyu
Eighteen Visions
Converge
Avenged Sevenfold
Thumbs up for hardcore.

My hardcore list:
Norma Jean
Evergreen Terrace
Poison the Well
Himsa
Zao
Most Precious Blood
Nora
Boy Sets Fire
Every Time I Die
From Autumn to Ashes (Too Bad You're Beautiful, new is ick)
Hatebreed
Probly more. I like metal more. You listed good bands too, just don't listen to them as much. Bleeding Through is awesome though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
poison the well is screamo for sure, i would know trust, also alexisonfire is so wicked for sure, in any case just wanted to point that out, i love a static lullaby, there screamo too, but could be "hardcore" too i guess

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Well, I still don't think so. I had a thought out explanation but it didn't really make much sense.

Static Lullaby I would call screamo a bit, but they sound a lot different than Poison the Well. Opposite of December was metalcore pretty much, and while they've calmed down...still wouldn't call it screamo.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
That's true, it's just it's one of the labels that bugs me. Same w/ "nu metal" they aren't real genres, just something people throw around. Pretty much any hardcore band w/ somewhat "emotional" lyrics could be called emocore or screamo. I just found that screamo most often refers to more radio friendly bands (EX: The Used, the new AFI sound, Finch, Thursday, etc.) I don't personally like the label emocore or metalcore or any of those either. Hardcore should just be called hardcore, but it can have other sounds too.

In conclusion: I don't like bands I like to be grouped with bands I don't like. FOr the most part, "screamo" bands...I don't like.

Whew...done, sorry.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
i see what your saying, it is kina stupid that now with this whole "emo" thing no matter what actual kind of music they play, as soon as there the slightest sign of emotion in the song it has to be called something like screamo, kinda dumb, you are very right

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
TrueLife said:
i see what your saying, it is kina stupid that now with this whole "emo" thing no matter what actual kind of music they play, as soon as there the slightest sign of emotion in the song it has to be called something like screamo, kinda dumb, you are very right
Exactly. And when hardcore bands have hints of metal, they shouldn't be metalcore. It is the same for any kind of music too. Take the MTV crap...just because Christina Agulera or Brittney or someone makes a song w/ a "funky beat" and quick lyrics, are they now rappers? No. Anyways....I get worked up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts