Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a jumperless hardrive and put it in my computer as the 2nd hard drive. Worked fine for a few days, like it should. I transfered some ish over to it. Then I get back one day to my screen saver with an error messages saying something, so it's all locked up so I restart the comp.

I restart and the damn thing won't start up, trying to detect some other type of controllers or something, and it won't recognized either hard drive. So i put in the hard drive install/boot cd and it starts up fine. I suspected it was just some odd glitch that wouldn't happen again, so I went about my business like normal. I wish I knew what would've happened and transfered all the stuff back to my old hardrive, because I need some stuff on that drive.

After shutting of and powering up, it doesn't work again, wont' detect either hard drive. The boot cd stops working alltogether as well. When I unplug either of the hard drives it will recognize the one plugged in, but since I don't have the os on the new hardrive it won't start up. For some reason when both are plugged in it won't detect either though (gay).

So I figure what the hell I'll just go on my old hard drive for now so I can get my homework done. To make matters worse, now whenever I start up I get this nvidia message saying the graphics card isn't recieving sufficient power, so it's lowering the graphics level to protect it from damage.

What the hell?

P.S. I called tech support and they couldn't do ****, of course they told me the hard drive is busted - which it's obviously not if I can start it up that one time with the boot cd.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I'd detach the new drive and just run on one, pick up a jumper for the other one, set it to slave, and try that.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
You just gotta get some of those little white things (they aren't always white) to cover up these pins.

Each hard drive manufacturer will probably have different configuations, so just look on your HD and it will probably tell you where to place for master, slave, cable select, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts