Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just found out that over the summer I will Be leaving the Sunny State of MN to move to the state with terribly cold winters Florida. Next Year I will be starting my freshman year in High school with no friends what so ever. I was just wonderin if ne1 has been in sort of the same situation and how it turned out.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
yeah, i've moved before. Halfway through my 6th grade year. It was okay, the school i ended up at was nice though and i made some friends (out of the 11 kids in my entire grade) went to highschool, all my old school friends went to different ones. Time to start over. I did, things are great, i've got like 20 close buds.

Just be yourself. (u knew i'd throw that in, but really, it works)

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
don't worry about it too much. everybody has friends who move away. I had a friend who moved away my sophomore year and she's doing great. I've also go friends who moved to my school when they were older and theyr'e doing great as well. Change is part of life and this isnt' gonna be the first time you'll move. Just relax and dont' fight it and things will be just fine. :tup

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
its easy to make friends in highschool, all freshmen are scared little creatures, and anyone who is friendly to them would be welcomed as a friend.

unless your the smelly kid

but seriously, no one from my middle school went to my highschool because of some f'd up zoning, and all the groups of friends had been together since they were in like elementry school. all you gota do is be friendly and bathe and friends are easy to get

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
As a freshmen, just act mature and stuff so people don't think ur a dork or anything, find paintballers, people with your basic interests. That way you won't make the mistake of joining a wrong group

·
Registered
364 Posts
Best advice i can give you...

Don't try to act "hard", it makes the Juniors want to smash you're face in.
Bath(thats always good advice, wether you're a freshman or not...)
Act friendly, if you're nice people will be friends with you.
Be mature.
Don't lie about yourself. If you do someone WILL find out. And then you're screwed.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Or just beat up the fat smelly kid, then everyone will still hate him but start to like you thumup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice guys. Idk I just think I am taking it kind of hard becuz I have realy great friends here. I haven't got the courage to tell them yet either.

Hey Shepard are you around the Tampa area?

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Walla_Walla said:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Idk I just think I am taking it kind of hard becuz I have realy great friends here. I haven't got the courage to tell them yet either.

Hey Shepard are you around the Tampa area?
I am. Are you moving to Florida?

I moved to Florida in 6th grade, it only took 1-2 days to make friends.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I went into high school with no friends. Coming from a private middle school to a large public high school was pretty intimidating.

Sports help. Play a fall season sport, itll help you make some ties right off the bat, and even if after season is over you dont like the sport, youll have made some friends.

Be friendly, and for heaven's sake dont be shy.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
dude, feel lucky.... new kids ALWAYS get the chics (as long as you look good). girls love new guys, and plus, nobody knows you. so its your chance to become whoever you want and not have any previous judgements on you like you would at home. this is a fresh slate, make it count.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yea, you are definately lucky, leaving this stupid state, god i hate it here. winter is gay cuz you cannot snowmobile and summer is gay because it's too short.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
P4IN7 B4LLS said:
dude, feel lucky.... new kids ALWAYS get the chics (as long as you look good). girls love new guys, and plus, nobody knows you. so its your chance to become whoever you want and not have any previous judgements on you like you would at home. this is a fresh slate, make it count.
thats what i did :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts