Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had to do it......i crashed my comp about 4 hours ago. so, i upgraded to windows xp. it blows so far. i re-installed my dsl connection but it doesnt work the same way as it used too, thanks to windows ****ing things up. now i cant get to my long list of favorites that are stored at my sbc/yahoo dsl......and my wife is really gonna be pissed cuz she has all our business and personal account/ bill info saved in her user account.

anyways, im gonna get beat in the morning, so if i dont make it back anytime soon, at least you'll know why. :eek:

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ive decided i hate it.

but, bill asshole gates programmed xp not to let you revert to an older version. whenever i try to load, it tells me "the version of windows you are trying to install is older than the version you are running. the setup functionality will be disabled"

is there some way around this?

is there a way to get xp off my hard drive?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
How old is your computer? It shouldn't be scrolling in waves...Hmm...Did you switch the view back to the classic one, or did you keep the stupid new XP skin? Change it back to the classic one, that will help you cope with the change.

-Jin

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the stupid xp version.....comp is kinda old. and has little ram. i think its a 1.3 ghz amd.

the multiple user thing on xp is too stupid. but it wont let me install my "connection manager" to manage multiple users for our dsl connection. it keeps rejecting it. i have to set up a new user account in xp for my different emails accounts.

im so irritated.

im fixin to get out a large magnet and sit it on the cpu......one from a 1000w speaker.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
when I first installed xp on my comp, it would scroll horribly. I found out I had forgotten to install the video card drivers

·
1,751 Posts
used em all...and for lazy people there is nothing better than xp

if you want to put time into messing around 98 is the best

and btw about getting xp off your hard drive....you can either download/install the uninstallation files(yeah i know its rediculous that u have to install uninstall files) or you can just clean sweep the hd and start again

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
of all windows versions, 2k is by far the best. it has the functionality of xp but the ease of use and lack of stupidity of 98.

linux>* though.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i figured it out. to avoi the loading of uninstall files (which it wouldnt let me do because then there would be no op sys), i stepped into BIOS and made my comp boot from the cd drive.....in which i placed 2000pro. from there it was a format and install.

the one thing that really pissed me off about the whole thing...reloading my internet software. if anybody has an extra bomb, drop it off at SBC for me.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i didnt like it because it made me make user accounts, email and internet connection for each person in my house. 2000 pro is fine for me, one user, and let my isp provide the program to handle multiple user accounts (which XP wouldnt let me load). plus, i dont really need any fancy crap or stuff "to make it easier" that xp provides.

really i dont like the way windows is going. it was so much better when windows was based in DOS, and not the othe way around....cuz im old school like that. i had no problems fixing anything on my comp before win2000. maybe im just too old....i did learn to program in DOS in 7th grade on an apple ][e ....those were obsolete before most of our members were born.

·
Registered
461 Posts
same, XP isnt all to great in my books, but
im like the only person with a windows ME (millenium edition) no1 i know has a windows ME
back to the topic, XP sucks i think

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Xazi2003 said:
same, XP isnt all to great in my books, but
im like the only person with a windows ME (millenium edition) no1 i know has a windows ME
back to the topic, XP sucks i think

Millenium Edition was the crappyest version ever released. Can you say blue screen error? Because I can say I told you so.

Ive never gotton a blue screen error in 3 years of using XP and ME gave me one everyother day.

I had XP w/ SP2 installed on my laptopwhen i got it, and Im not exactly sure what changes it makes, but whatever it is makes it run better than regular windows. I dont think you can just go install SP2 on an existing XP computer though because of driver issues.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
onesikpup said:
i didnt like it because it made me make user accounts, email and internet connection for each person in my house.
You know that making multiple accounts is optional? I only have an administrator account for me. I hated XP when I first got it too, but after getting use to it and changing things to how I liked them, I found myself liking it more and more.

-Jin

1 - 20 of 35 Posts