Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while i was playing with my friends i was shooting and all of a sudden the gun just stoped and i couldnt get it to cock back at all. I messed with the safety the electronics took out the bolt and put it back in it just owuldnt work. So later when i went back home i tinkered around with it and finnaly got it to shoot. The problem is that i shoot it once and the bolt just stays up and i have to cock it again to shoot. I cranked up my psi today and dont know if thatd have any thing to do with it at all. Some one help me and give me some advice on what i can do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why is it wrong section? It's a VL product. Just curious.

I had my Prodigy jam up for what Proto said, a paintball shell got caught up in the bolt. If that is not it, tear it down and see if there are any areas that looks as if they are dragging on the bolt.

If you haven't polished everything, now might be the time to do it. It's a lot like a Spyder, you can take out the spring on the trigger too. It will run off the micro switch and make it very easy to reach the 7 bps it's electronically limited to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got that beast working now. I just took its guts and cleaned it out good messed around with a bunch of different things and it works great now.

I was just wondering how i take the spring out like you said skx762 cuz if that'll make it faster im for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Take the trigger guard off, unhook everything so you aren't wrestling with the ASA or anything. There should be a pin that pushes out. It's the one the trigger pivots on. The hard part is that the trigger pin is held on with a tiny o-ring. I have never successfully removed one. They always get destroyed and replaced from a VL rebuild kit.

The spring is in front of the trigger, just lift the trigger out and remove the spring. Put it in a ziplock and save it in case you want to put it back in later. Put the trigger and pin back into place and shim the trigger with tape to limit the movement (there will be lots). You can do a more permanent trigger mod with a drill, tap and screws like some webpages show (same as a Spyder trigger).

I used a piece of duck tape to hold the pin in place while I monkeyed with shimming the trigger and making it work (lots of take apart and put back together time). The trigger wiggles out through the top of the grip assembly by the way. Once you get the trigger where you like it and have played a couple of games with the gun, re-install the o-ring on the pin.

If you know what you are doing you can make the trigger pretty light. Mine is really too light and I will be putting the spring back into it again so I can use my Prodigy for a loaner without having to worry about "accidents". (Prodigy+Newbie=guys on own team being bonus balled from behind).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts