Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, what a bad day.

So heres the story. I usualy buy all my paintballs from walmart since its the only place around here and just shoot in my back yard. So I'm there today, pick up a box of 1000 scorch paintballs but it had dust all over the box so I figure its old and ruint. Boy, I wish I would of gotten those. Anyway, I pick up a 1000 box of Big Balls by RPS which I've had good luck with, and 2 pre filled tanks. Anyway, I get home, open the box, and paint is all over the bottom of the bag. So I do what I've read and lcean them off with a paper towel, load my 2 pods, and go outside. Everything was fine until the last 500 or so. Breaks, jams, you name it. I'd say I had about 5 paintballs jam up in the barrel before finally blowing out, 2-3 breaks, and on the last 200 or so, the friggin ball just collapses and the bolt is jammed forward. Air on, my dad had to pry the bolt back for me then I cleaned the ball out and paint.

Anyway, I have about 50 or so left, I'll get rid of them the next time I have air. But I doubt I'll be buying bigball anymore, mainly scorch.

And I know, everyone says walmart paint sucks, but its the only place here.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
i like scorch. for cheap paint, it shoots much better than most other stuff. The paint size is much smaller tan most tho, which kinda sucks cuz they just roll through both my barrels. Still shoot great tho, no breaks or anything with scorch yet.

·
Zero Or Die
1,143 Posts
I hate big balls too. I have had that happen to me with them too. Brass Eagle Wild Streak is way worse. They ****in curve in the air.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
i know a guy who bought brass eagle paint for something crazy cheap. it was like $10 fro 2,000. the fill was horrible and smelled nasty, but the paint was flying straight and breaking consistantly. maybe he got lucky, I dunno. wha ti do know is that the shells were sharp! I left with all sorts of cuts on my neck and hands where the shell cut me after it broke.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I used to buy big ball all the time. They were usually pretty good, but you should always open up the box and examine the bags before you buy it. If there is broken paint in there, then there is no way that the paint is going to be very good.

Buying from wal mart usually isnt the greatest idea anyways. They dont care for the paint or store it properly, and it can sit on their shelves for a LONG time sometimes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt my walmart would want me opening the box. I was looking at a paintball gun once, two walmart guys just sit and started at me while it was on the top shelf, so then I put my foot barely on the shelf and tried gettin it, then one of the guys came and jumped on to me over it. He screamed for a latter and I just said "nevermind."

Just think if I opened the boxs of paint. :|

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I love wild streak, you tell people you have it and they get scared becouse you'll probbly cut them if you can manage to hit them.

Scorch are probbly the best CHEAP paint out there. cheap as in under $40 for a case.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
If you must buy paint from a retail store, pay for it, then open it right there on the counter before you walk away. If there is paint in it, exchange it right there.
thats what id do

the_real_kaz said:
I love wild streak, you tell people you have it and they get scared becouse you'll probbly cut them if you can manage to hit them.

Scorch are probbly the best CHEAP paint out there. cheap as in under $40 for a case.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........ :looking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts