Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was shooting my A-5 and when I started shooting fast the lines started to freeze up(due to CO2), and the gun simple sounded like it was running out of air. Then I would cock it and it would shoot 3 or 4 balls, and do the same thing. I think it might be the CO2, but also when i turned down the velocity i was a little better. Should i just keep messing with the velocity or do you have any other suggestions?
P.S. I'm playing tomorrow, so if there is any short time solution please inform me. thanx

-Justin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-It was a full tank
- After i was shooting i took the gun apart, and cleaned it, including oiling the o-rings. but i cant shoot anymore until tomorrow because i need all the air and balls that i have, because its at a friends house, and he does not fill Co2 or sell balls.
So hopfully oiling the rings works.

Thanks for the quick responce flowbob!

·
Registered
201 Posts
i don't know if it's the same on an a-5, butt try tightening the screws that hold your power tube in place...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
slack1408 said:
-It was a full tank
- After i was shooting i took the gun apart, and cleaned it, including oiling the o-rings. but i cant shoot anymore until tomorrow because i need all the air and balls that i have, because its at a friends house, and he does not fill Co2 or sell balls.
So hopfully oiling the rings works.

Thanks for the quick responce flowbob!
yeah i figured you did lube it, seems like you know what youre doing...idk other than that, goodluck anyhow

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
big_balla89 said:
How fast is "fast?"

You might want to purchase an anti-siphon tube for your CO2 tank.
I was maxing my e-grip out at 15bps for about 200 shots, and i know that the CO2 is expected to freeze, but i just want to know if that is the reason i am having the problems.

- I was told you can brings your tank to a pro shop and they can anti syphon your tank, I didnt know you had to buy anything.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So what does anti-siphon actually do?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
it puts a little tube down into your co2, so that when you screw your tank all the way in, the tube is facing up, away from liquid co2, only letting in gas co2, which will help a great deal in preventing your marker from freezing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Justin if you buy the stuff the guy at pb connection instals it for like 3 bucks....or something like that, he does it for really cheap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts