Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started a new service at walmart where we turn your old dingy yellow headlights back clear.

Funny I still had to show the shop manager and the rest of the techs how to do it because none of them knew how to wet sand. they ****ed up some lights bad one day when i was gone haha. anyways on the the pics.

Camaro before

Camaro after

Grand Prix before

Grand Prix after

·
Registered
588 Posts
How much does walmart charge for that? I bought a kit at Meijer and it worked decently. I think it was $10

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
ok fine, the l36 is the 3800 series 2, naturally aspirated engine, and the l67 is the supercharged series 2 3800. Specifics? yea, I play with alot of pontiacs...
Sweet you know a little bit about one engine. Lawl.

$40 is a rip off. All I need is plastic wax and a buffer.. I wetsanded the old headlights on my old DSM and they looked amazing. It's really easy to do, just takes a little bit of work. IMO it's much easier and you get better results when the lights are off the car.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
what other engines do you want to know about? I didn't know I had to explain all engines ever created when we were talking about the similarities between a grand prix and bonneville...

I'm gonna buy the 3m kit, its only $20, and I get a discount on it too. anyone use it before?

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
I did something like this to my tib. Turned out great, for about three months, then started to haze badly. Honestly, I wouldn't spend money on it b/c I never had much luck with it in the past. That and it gave me an excuse to buy 05 lights

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

$40 is a rip off. All I need is plastic wax and a buffer.. I wetsanded the old headlights on my old DSM and they looked amazing. It's really easy to do, just takes a little bit of work. IMO it's much easier and you get better results when the lights are off the car.
I think its a bit pricey as well, I would just buy the kit for $20 and do it my self.

Walmart doesnt pay me enough to disassemble em and do em lol. Its bad enough I had to show the shop manager how to do it and he is the one thats supposed to train us.

what other engines do you want to know about? I didn't know I had to explain all engines ever created when we were talking about the similarities between a grand prix and bonneville...

I'm gonna buy the 3m kit, its only $20, and I get a discount on it too. anyone use it before?
If its as good as the other 3m automotive products I they make I would say its good.

I did something like this to my tib. Turned out great, for about three months, then started to haze badly. Honestly, I wouldn't spend money on it b/c I never had much luck with it in the past. That and it gave me an excuse to buy 05 lights
This stuff has a lifetime guarantee not to fade and turn yellow. idk what they do if they do fade or turn yellow, but yea its got a guarantee lol.

D

·
0 Posts
Just treat it like it's a scratch in a car Allen. Wetsand heavy to light, then buff out with heavy to light polish finishing as fine as you can. Then seal it and wax it.

Yellow headlights can be a ***** if you don't seal it right, they will keep coming back, no doubt.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts